LB/2003 Talk Areas

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2003
      All:

      A number of people have asked us what the various areas of interest are
      for talks at LB/2003.

      We have updated the page that addresses this at

      http://linux-bangalore.org/2003/talks/

      Please have a look at this and use it as a guide for submitting your
      talks.

      If you feel that there is something missing, let us know right here on the
      list. Any confusion about topics - ask! Any "where does xyz talk fit in?"
      questions? ASK!

      We just crossed the halfway mark in terms of talks, and quite a number
      have been added since yesterday. So read

      http://linux-bangalore.org/2003/talks/

      then go here and register your talk(s)!

      http://linux-bangalore.org/2003/register/

      Linux Bangalore/2003 - India's biggest Open Source event
      December 2-4, Bangalore, India
      http://linux-bangalore.org/2003
    • arunissatan
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2003
        > If you feel that there is something missing, let us know right here
        > on the list. Any confusion about topics - ask! Any "where does xyz
        > talk fit in?"

        A couple of little things I could think of:
        1) Game Development (I must seem obsessively fixated on this by
        now.:)

        2) Migration to/Coexistence with other operating systems

        Arun
      • M Mahendra
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 28, 2003
          On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 23:33, arunissatan wrote:

          > 2) Migration to/Coexistence with other operating systems

          I agree. Right now, this is a real good business case.

          Maybe, we can rename it as
          * Migration
          * Interoperability
          * Porting

          Regards,
          Mahendra
        • M Mahendra
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2003
            On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 20:53, Atul Chitnis wrote:
            > If you feel that there is something missing, let us know right here on the
            > list. Any confusion about topics - ask! Any "where does xyz talk fit in?"
            > questions? ASK!

            Hi,

            Maybe we need to include "Telecom / Carrier Grade" in the
            tracks/sessions.

            Also what about "New/Emerging technologies" ?

            Regards,
            Mahendra
          • Surjo Das
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 30, 2003
              --- M Mahendra <Mahendra_M@...> wrote:

              > Also what about "New/Emerging technologies" ?

              Now you are talking mate. I registered a talk under
              emerging technologies.

              Cheers,

              Surjo.