feedback

  • Kenneth Gonsalves
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
      hi,
      some feedback:
      1. Separate room for speakers was nice. Also availability of prerecorded cds
      with all the talk slides at all venues was very efficiently done.

      2. There was a goof regarding T shirts. Speaker T shirts had a big 'SPEAKER'
      emblazoned on the back. this makes them totally useless as the only place
      where they could be comfortably worn would be at the conference. if it is
      essential to identify speakers, this could be done with temproray addon.

      3. lunch on the final day was a bit of a disaster. the caterers apparently
      expected a slackening off of the crowd on the last day (usually happens in
      conferences). Result is that they ran out of plates and foods. i had to wait
      20 minutes for food which meant that i couldnt get into the hall to attend
      prady's talk, which means that i'll have to wait till next december to learn
      something about php ....

      4. the hall scheduling on the last day afternoon went haywire. generally i
      found that the biggest crowds were for the bread and butter topics - c, gui
      and php programming, postfix, database, security and the like, whereas the
      more general stuff only got the overflow crowd. on the last day the b & b
      stuff could have been shifted to the 250 seat hall.

      5. couldnt it have been possible to set up tv monitors outside the halls for
      those who couldnt get in to at least observe?
      kg
      --
    • Surjo Das
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2003
        Thanks for your feedback Kenneth. As far as the
        T-shirts are concerned, I agree that perhaps we can
        have plane T-shirts for everyone coloured separately
        for delegates, speakers, volunteers and managers. My
        suggestion though. I believe the speaker lounge was
        available even during LB/2001. Regarding the food, we
        can see what can be done about it. I didn't face any
        problems however except for the 1st day. All your
        suggestions will be considered and I hope this year,
        the event will turn out to be even more successful.
        From our experience, LB/2002 was far much better than
        LB/2001 !

        Cheers,

        Surjo.

        --- Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon@...> wrote:
        > hi,
        > some feedback:
        > 1. Separate room for speakers was nice. Also
        > availability of prerecorded cds
        > with all the talk slides at all venues was very
        > efficiently done.
        >
        > 2. There was a goof regarding T shirts. Speaker T
        > shirts had a big 'SPEAKER'
        > emblazoned on the back. this makes them totally
        > useless as the only place
        > where they could be comfortably worn would be at the
        > conference. if it is
        > essential to identify speakers, this could be done
        > with temproray addon.
        >
        > 3. lunch on the final day was a bit of a disaster.
        > the caterers apparently
        > expected a slackening off of the crowd on the last
        > day (usually happens in
        > conferences). Result is that they ran out of plates
        > and foods. i had to wait
        > 20 minutes for food which meant that i couldnt get
        > into the hall to attend
        > prady's talk, which means that i'll have to wait
        > till next december to learn
        > something about php ....
        >
        > 4. the hall scheduling on the last day afternoon
        > went haywire. generally i
        > found that the biggest crowds were for the bread and
        > butter topics - c, gui
        > and php programming, postfix, database, security and
        > the like, whereas the
        > more general stuff only got the overflow crowd. on
        > the last day the b & b
        > stuff could have been shifted to the 250 seat hall.
        >
        > 5. couldnt it have been possible to set up tv
        > monitors outside the halls for
        > those who couldnt get in to at least observe?
        > kg
        > --

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Ashwin N
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2003
          On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 12:08, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

          > 1. Separate room for speakers was nice. Also availability of prerecorded cds
          > with all the talk slides at all venues was very efficiently done.

          Getting the talks burned on CD was a great idea. We have to just ensure
          that *all* the talks are there on it.

          On the third day, I was managing CISC auditorium (Kernel track) and we
          couldn't find Karthick's slides on his talk "Memory Management" in the
          CD. Finally, he gave the talk without slides.

          > 2. There was a goof regarding T shirts. Speaker T shirts had a big 'SPEAKER'
          > emblazoned on the back. this makes them totally useless as the only place
          > where they could be comfortably worn would be at the conference. if it is
          > essential to identify speakers, this could be done with temproray addon.

          Same goes for the Volunteer tshirts. Just imagine going outside with a
          big VOLUNTEER splashed on your back ;-)

          ashwin
          --
          A s h w i n Was this helpful? Share your feedback:
          http://symonds.net/~ash/ http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=ashwin_n

          Mountain Dew and doughnuts... because breakfast is the most important
          meal
          of the day.
        • Dr Tarique Sani
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2003
            On 2 Jan 2003, Ashwin N wrote:

            > Same goes for the Volunteer tshirts. Just imagine going outside with a
            > big VOLUNTEER splashed on your back ;-)

            Yeah! specially after the LB logo was swallowed by the washing machine.

            We need a version of the LB Logo which can be screen printed - the ITcom T
            shirts are still good

          • Kenneth Gonsalves
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2003
              On Thursday 02 January 2003 14:09, you wrote:
              I believe the speaker lounge was
              > available even during LB/2001.
              there was a table outside the halls for speakers in 2001.
              Regarding the food, we
              > can see what can be done about it.
              just tell the caterers that there wont be any slackening off of attendance on
              the last day
              regards
              kg