Re: [foss.in] Re: The FOSS.IN series has ended, a new one has started

  • Mukesh Yadav
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 16, 2011
      +1 to srirangged

      --
      Regards
      Mukesh Yadav

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 18, 2011
        On 16/10/11 3:50 PM, sriranggd_18 wrote:
        > What does this mean to this foss.in Yahoo group? Will there be a move to a productise.in group?
        >
        > This is probably not super important (in the larger scheme of things) but I would like to keep myself updated about this FOSS.IN's successor.
        >
        > And definitely looking forward to PRODUCTISE.IN :)

        Good question :)

        Two ways we can do this:

        - We can rename this list

        - We can create a new list

        On a personal basis, I am against renaming this list. FOSS.IN was
        something big in all our lives, and I would very much like to keep this
        list's archives available to show its history, and under its own name.
        We will definitely have to disable posting here, though, to avoid total
        dilution of the archive value. 99% of messages coming in now, and being
        trapped, are spam or announcements of other events.

        Creating a new list... well, given the fact that mailing lists are
        seriously on the decline, and other forms of communication have taken
        over, I dont think a discussion mailing list makes much sense.

        We are basically on Twitter (@productise), but others use Facebook and
        Google+ as well. We have a Facebook page
        (http://facebook.com/productise.in) that you could go and like/follow.
        We are not so sure about Google+ (there is no API yet that lets us
        crosspost).

        Also, the continued existence of Yahoo itself as a viable messaging
        medium is a factor here.

        For now, I recommend that people follow @productise on Twitter, or
        follow http://facebook.com/productise.in.

        We will probably set up an announcement-only mailing list soon for those
        who want email notifications. If you want to get onto that, go register
        yourself at http://productise.in right now - it will be an EXTREMELY
        low-volume, announcements/heads-up only kind if list.

        But for discussions/flamewars/comments/suggestions, head to twitter! :)