Re: [foss.in] Proceedings FOSS.IN

  • Aanjhan R
    Message 1 of 40 , Sep 23, 2009
      On 9/23/09, Philip Tellis <philip.tellis@...> wrote:
      > 2009/9/22 Balbir Singh <bsingharora@...>
      >>
      >> Hi, Foss Enthusiasts,
      >>
      >> I am beginning to wonder if we should do a formal paper and
      >> proceedings with a committee for FOSS.IN this year as we wait for the
      >
      > this increases the barrier of entry for speakers. most of us are
      > hackers, not scientists.

      According to me, well there is not a huge difference with respect to
      Scientists and Hackers. All scientists (atleast Comp. Sc and related
      fields) need to hack and they do it all times. And hackers do research
      too :)

      I would love to see Proceedings of FOSS.IN , though the contents can
      be worked out, but having it makes FOSS.IN reach more folks and also
      help in documenting work in the Free Software / Hacker world?

      Nice idea Balbir.

      Regards,
      Aanjhan
    • Vignesh Kumar
      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 25, 2009
        Wow,
        Nice to see Harald Welte scrutinizing the papers.

        > Philip Tellis wrote:
        >> 2009/9/23 Atul Chitnis <mail@...>
        >>
        >>> Is it really worth this much deliberation? :)
        >>
        >> This is India. Did you really expect people to spend time hacking
        >> when they could have been yacking instead?
        >
        > ROTFL!
        >
        > Everyone, enough discussion. Spend time getting your event submissions
        > (talks, tutorials, workouts, workshops, BoFs, etc.) ready instead.
        > Papers are a good idea for those who can afford the time to write them,
        > and they lend prestige to the event.
        >
        > And those of you submitting papers - now you BETTER put your money where
        > your mouth is - I am going to ask Harald Welte to scrutinize them ;)
        >
        > Atul

        B.Vignesh Kumar
        HCL Technologies,
        Member Technical Staff,