Re: [foss.in] Proceedings FOSS.IN

  • K. K. Subramaniam
    Message 1 of 40 , Sep 22 10:23 PM
      On Tuesday 22 Sep 2009 10:42:47 pm Balbir Singh wrote:
      > I am beginning to wonder if we should do a formal paper and
      > proceedings with a committee for FOSS.IN this year as we wait for the
      > CFP. We need not get a paper copy of the proceedings, just having the
      > soft copies with details of the work done would be a nice start
      A paper is a good way to share findings of new concepts or elaboration of
      concepts. But FOSS.IN is geared towards implementation of concepts. What is
      shared here are the code, graphics, utilities, jigs, tools etc. that go into
      the making of a "software". The "product" itself could even be at a prototype
      stage. A paper cannot capture the dynamics of the different media used in
      software.

      How do you see your proposal for long term sharing translate to this type of
      sharing?

      Subbu
    • Vignesh Kumar
      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 25 5:24 AM
        Wow,
        Nice to see Harald Welte scrutinizing the papers.

        > Philip Tellis wrote:
        >> 2009/9/23 Atul Chitnis <mail@...>
        >>
        >>> Is it really worth this much deliberation? :)
        >>
        >> This is India. Did you really expect people to spend time hacking
        >> when they could have been yacking instead?
        >
        > ROTFL!
        >
        > Everyone, enough discussion. Spend time getting your event submissions
        > (talks, tutorials, workouts, workshops, BoFs, etc.) ready instead.
        > Papers are a good idea for those who can afford the time to write them,
        > and they lend prestige to the event.
        >
        > And those of you submitting papers - now you BETTER put your money where
        > your mouth is - I am going to ask Harald Welte to scrutinize them ;)
        >
        > Atul

        B.Vignesh Kumar
        HCL Technologies,
        Member Technical Staff,