various things

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
      First of all - Happy New Year, everyone!

      From Seth Godin's blog at
      http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2009/01/happy-new-year.html

      "The opportunity this year is bigger than ever: to lead change, to create
      a movement in a direction you want to go. While the rest of your world
      huddles and holds back, here's a golden chance to use cheap media,
      available attention and great talent to make something that matters."

      That sounds like us :)

      Next - last call for your FOSS.IN/2008 summary blogs - if you wanted to
      post one (here's looking at Pradeepto), this would be good time, beause we
      are about to start our cherry picking for the report. Ditto for any photos
      you wanted to upload.

      Check

      http://technorati.com/blogs/foss.in?reactions

      and

      http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?q=foss.in+2008

      To see if your blog got indexed - if not, send us email and give us a
      headsup. Also check http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/fossin2008/ to make
      sure that your photos were properly tagged with foss.in/2008 (or
      fossin2008) so that they appear here. If you want us (and others) to be
      able to use your photos if we like some of them, make sure they are
      licensed under a Creative Commons license.

      Finally, a question we have been wanting to ask:

      How did all of you feel about the new FOSS.IN format?

      I know that there was a lot of apprehension, even condemnation, when we
      first announced it. Now that the event is done, do you still feel the
      same? Or did feel that we hit it spot on?

      I'd be happy to see some discussion about this, and possible ways to
      improve the event, because (believe it or not) we are in FOSS.IN/2009
      planning mode! :)

      So let's hear from all of you!

      Thanks in advance!

      Atul
    • Vivek Khurana
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
        On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Atul Chitnis <mail@...> wrote:
        > First of all - Happy New Year, everyone!

        Happy new year to you too...
        > Finally, a question we have been wanting to ask:
        >
        > How did all of you feel about the new FOSS.IN format?

        I had been following foss.in for 5 year and out of which I did not
        turn up for twice cause i did not find anything interesting in the
        schedule. But this time you have hit the bullz eye for sure. FOSS is
        about people getting together and creating something but sadly most
        conferences in India are about irony tower talks.No one is actually
        willing to take the ground level work of coding.... Infact most high
        profile evangelist feel that they should not code as coding is
        something meant for the scum of this earth. In such situation having
        a conference fully focused about code is an appreciative move. I can
        understand it would have required lot of guts to drop the irony tower
        talks and kick out evangelists, to make way for real people who do the
        grassroot level work.
        I wish this momentum continues...

        regards
        Vivek
        Blog: http://www.vivekkhurana.net/no-mind
      • Pradeepto Bhattacharya
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
          On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Atul Chitnis <mail@...> wrote:

          > Next - last call for your FOSS.IN/2008 summary blogs - if you wanted to
          > post one (here's looking at Pradeepto), this would be good time, beause we

          hrmp! Pressure tactics ... ;)

          Pradeepto
          --
          The KDE Project : http://www.kde.org
          KDE India : http://www.kde.in
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2009
            Pradeepto Bhattacharya wrote:
            > On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Atul Chitnis <mail@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Next - last call for your FOSS.IN/2008 summary blogs - if you wanted to
            >> post one (here's looking at Pradeepto), this would be good time, beause we
            >
            > hrmp! Pressure tactics ... ;)

            heh - you have no clue what kind of pressure tactics I can bring into
            play if I ever get to sit on your chest... :p

            Atul Chitnis
            Bangalore, India
            http://atulchitnis.net
          • Shyam Mani
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 7, 2009
              On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Atul Chitnis <mail@...> wrote:

              > heh - you have no clue what kind of pressure tactics I can bring into
              > play if I ever get to sit on your chest... :p

              Yeah, Now you see pradeepto....and now you don't! :D

              <g,d & r>

              --
              Shyam Mani | http://xinetd.accosted.net/
              Gentoo Dev | http://dev.gentoo.org/~fox2mike
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 7, 2009
                On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Shyam Mani <fox2mike@...> wrote:
                > On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Atul Chitnis <mail@...> wrote:
                >
                >> heh - you have no clue what kind of pressure tactics I can bring into
                >> play if I ever get to sit on your chest... :p
                >
                > Yeah, Now you see pradeepto....and now you don't! :D

                Did I forget to tell you guys that I always have a compass and divider with me?

                Cheers!

                Pradeepto
                --
                The KDE Project : http://www.kde.org
                KDE India : http://www.kde.in
              • Kartik Mistry
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 7, 2009
                  On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Pradeepto Bhattacharya
                  <pradeeptob@...> wrote:
                  >> Yeah, Now you see pradeepto....and now you don't! :D
                  >
                  > Did I forget to tell you guys that I always have a compass and divider with me?

                  I think you have konqueror too.

                  Kartik Mistry | 0xD1028C8D | IRC: kart_
                  Homepage: people.debian.org/~kartik
                  Blog.en: ftbfs.wordpress.com
                  Blog.gu: kartikm.wordpress.com
                • Aanjhan R
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 7, 2009
                    On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Pradeepto Bhattacharya
                    <pradeeptob@...> wrote:
                    > Did I forget to tell you guys that I always have a compass and divider with
                    > me?

                    May be something even bigger

                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kushaldas/3082183304/in/set-72157610648143317/

                    :-)