Real time Linux based Robot for FOSS

  • sachin_surendran
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 31, 2008
      I would like to demonstrate a homebrewn Real time linux based
      walking robot for FOSS 2008.
      Looks like I am late for the registration, please let me know
      if I could make it.

      Link of the video of to robo:

      http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7669745144277382302&hl=en
      <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7669745144277382302&hl=en>

      Sachin

    • Philip Tellis
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2008
        2008/10/31 sachin_surendran <sachin_surendran@...>:
        > Hi,
        > I would like to demonstrate a homebrewn Real time linux based
        > walking robot for FOSS 2008.
        > Looks like I am late for the registration, please let me know
        > if I could make it.

        I'd say that this would be more interesting in the hallway, so you'd
        be better off setting up shop in the FOSS stalls.
      • Shreyas Srinivasan
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2008
          On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Philip Tellis <philip.tellis@...> wrote:
          > 2008/10/31 sachin_surendran <sachin_surendran@...>:
          >
          >> Hi,
          >> I would like to demonstrate a homebrewn Real time linux based
          >> walking robot for FOSS 2008.
          >> Looks like I am late for the registration, please let me know
          >> if I could make it.
          >
          > I'd say that this would be more interesting in the hallway, so you'd
          > be better off setting up shop in the FOSS stalls.

          Philip is spot on, You could show the robot in the Foss expo. Drop
          in a message through the http://foss.in contact system about the
          same and we will reserve one spot for you.

          Cheers,
          Shreyas
        • Abhijit Bhopatkar
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2008
            sachin_surendran wrote:
            > Hi,
            > Link of the video of to robo:
            >
            > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7669745144277382302&hl=en
            > <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7669745144277382302&hl=en>

            Looks cool,
            where do i find the schematics and the code?

            BAIN
          • Omkar Raut
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2008

              > > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7669745144277382302&hl=en
              > > <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7669745144277382302&hl=en>

              Cool! Which microprocessor are you using?

            • sachin_surendran
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2008
                Thanks Shreyas and Philip,
                Let me drop the details in the place you mentioned.

                I could be reached at sachin.surendran at gmail.com,
                If you have any queries regarding the same.

                Sachin
              • Manish Chakravarty
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 1, 2008
                  On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM, sachin_surendran
                  <sachin_surendran@...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  > I would like to demonstrate a homebrewn Real time linux based
                  > walking robot for FOSS 2008.
                  > Looks like I am late for the registration, please let me know
                  > if I could make it.
                  >
                  > Link of the video of to robo:
                  >
                  > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7669745144277382302&hl=en
                  > <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7669745144277382302&hl=en>
                  >
                  > Sachin

                  Hey Sachin,

                  Looks very interesting. I'll surely drop by your stall.. Hope to learn
                  something in the process!

                  Regards
                  Manish

                  Manish Chakravarty
                  http://manish-chaks.livejournal.com/
                • K. K. Subramaniam
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 1, 2008
                    On Saturday 01 Nov 2008 12:19:59 pm sachin_surendran wrote:
                    > Hi,
                    >       I would like to demonstrate a homebrewn Real time linux based
                    > walking robot for FOSS 2008.
                    Looks like a great fun project that deserves a stall in the hall. Is this
                    programmable live over wireless or is the controller software squirted into
                    over a cable once and then the robot is let loose to roam?

                    Subbu
                  • sachin_surendran
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 1, 2008
                      Its driven by wire,
                      Plan is to have an small ARM board sitting on top of it
                      to run it. Right now its run of the PC.

                      Sachin
                    • Rahul Bhalerao
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 1, 2008
                        --- On Sat, 1/11/08, sachin_surendran <sachin_surendran@...> wrote:

                        > Its driven by wire,
                        >
                        >Plan is to have an small ARM board sitting on top of it
                        >
                        >to run it. Right now its run of the PC.

                        IMHO, it did not look like a fully autonomous machine. If it is, thats great. If not, you may start with some kind of sensor mechanism for some controlled/defined environment. Taking it further from there at foss.in would be fun.

                        Nice work.

                        _
                        Rahul.

                      • sachin_surendran
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 5, 2008
                          I have posted the request in the contact section of Foss.in,
                          as you had suggested.
                          Could you please let know when I could get response for the
                          request placed for a stall.
                          It would be of great help if you could let me know in early, as that
                          should help in getting things prepared for the event.

                          Thanks
                          Sachin