LB/2002 Online Registration

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      All:

      Please note that we will be stopping online delegate registration Monday
      night 8pm, after which the databases will be transferred to the venue.

      Given the advertisements in the papers (there is one final one on Monday
      in both Times of India and Economic Times), response has been tremendous,
      and we expect massive rush at the venue (we now have more than 1700
      registrations).

      Everyone, pleae note that you are *not* encouraged to bring bags of any
      sort to the venue. This is a security measure. If you are bringing a bag
      of any sort, it will be searched, slowing everyone down.

      Detailed delegate instructions will go out tonight as well as a repeat on
      Monday evening. READ THEM!

      Finally, a reminder about delegate codes:

      1. If you present your 8 digit delegate, you only have to pay Rs.300 to
      get in (300 is for all three days, there is no day-by-day fee) and to
      receive your food coupons and T-Shirt.

      2. If you did not register online, or didn't bring your 8-digit
      registration code, you will have to fill out a registration form on
      paper (bring a pen!), submit it at the counter, and pay Rs.500 instead
      of Rs.300.

      So *DON'T FORGET YOUR 8-DIGIT DELEGATE CODE*!!!!! We do *not* have time
      for database searches. No code, and you are (s) above. Period.

      You dont have to bring a printout of the graphic or the code, you can also
      write it down on a piece of paper and bring it. (This is for the guys who
      wrote in saying they dont have a printer). The only thing that matters is
      that code.

      For the convenience of everyone, the mail that will go out tonight (and
      again tomorrow evening) will include your code in the subject line.

      Tomorrow (Monday) will be hectic. Both managers and volunteers (who were
      briefed on Saturday) will be at the venue getting things ready. So don't
      expect much response from us on the lists.

      Request - if any of you own digital cameras, bring them along and take
      lots of pictures. Make them available to us and we will publish them on
      the site. If you are using CompactFlash cards, we will have a reader at
      the BLUG stall, so we can just copy your snaps straight off your card,
      which will probably be the fastest and safest way.

      OK, more probably later tonight.

      Linux Bangalore/2002
      Technology for a Free World
      December 3/4/5, 2002