Open Source in Education SIG Meet at LB/2002

  • Biju Chacko
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2002
      Hi

      Thanks to the generous assistance of the LB/2002 managers, a hall has
      been made available for the Open Source in Education Special Interest
      Group to meet.

      The Education SIG will meet on 4th Dec at 5:00pm in Hall 'A' of the
      LB/2002 venue.

      The proposed agenda is:

      1. Are there any current efforts to popularise OSS in education?

      2. What can be done to help existing efforts?

      3. Is there a need for additional intitiatives?

      4. Is there a need for co-ordination in this area? Does a permanent
      mechanism need to be set up?

      Personally, I hope that one of the results this meeting will be a long
      term BLUG effort to push OSS in schools.

      BTW, We have got a 120 seater hall to meet in and I have received about
      15 confirmed attendees. I urge more of you to attend, if only so that we
      don't look ridiculous! ;-)

      -- b

      --
      Linux Bangalore/2002 "Technology for a Free World" December 3/4/5, 2002
      http://linux-bangalore.org/2002