Re: [foss.in] FOSS.IN 2008 - Agenda - When do we see it?

  • Viral Sachde
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
      On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Atul Chitnis <listadmin@... wrote:

      > > I believe in patience but I think, Free and Open Source s/w janta
      > should
      > > become bit open about why the cfp and other announcements are not coming
      > > out. Still I respect your take of being close on this issue.
      >
      > It's called real life, and daytime jobs. Unlike the commercial events you
      > are used to, this one is run by a small set of unpaid volunteers.
      >
      > And the delay is really because we were attempting to resolve an issue
      > related to the format, and focus. Since this is the 8th year of this event,
      > and we have a pretty good track-record, I don't think that there is any real
      > reason to question the team.
      >
      > IAC, patience is a virtue.

      Thanks Atul. I thought, it might be some other issue, (Location / Date etc).
      Anyways, Best of Luck. As I said, I believe in patience and respect your
      call being close and now, being true and open.

      rgrds

      Viral

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
        On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Viral Sachde wrote:

        > Thanks Atul. I thought, it might be some other issue, (Location / Date etc).
        > Anyways, Best of Luck. As I said, I believe in patience and respect your
        > call being close and now, being true and open.

        We have tons of issues every year, some of which I have been talking about
        on Twitter.

        Nothing closed about them - just not anything anyone can help with. The
        people who *can* help are already in the picture.

        The other issue, that of the event format, is a bigger one, because we are
        trying to produce results that are measurable by our yardsticks
        (active/increased contributors out of India), not those invariably used by
        others ("4.91 quantillion participants").

        All will become clear when I post about it. The team is sitting in a
        huddle even now, bashing things out. Hopefully, we will have a final fix
        on things by tomorrow morning.

        Atul Chitnis
        Bangalore, India
        http://atulchitnis.net
      • pavithran
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
          On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Atul Chitnis <listadmin@...
          > wrote:

          > The other issue, that of the event format, is a bigger one, because we are
          > trying to produce results that are measurable by our yardsticks
          > (active/increased contributors out of India), not those invariably used by
          > others ("4.91 quantillion participants").

          Yes .
          Foss.in is a place where all Indian FOSS members get together . I look
          forward to the event every year.:)
          The Team foss.in rocks!
          When will the call for volunteers be given ?
          ---
          pavithran sakamuri
          www.look-pavi.blogspot.com
          mobile: +91-9885272195