Re: [foss.in] Logo in Kannada -now for Linux - help needed

  • Prem [ ప్రేమ | பிரேம
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2008
      On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 3:08 PM, G Karunakar <indlinux@...> wrote:

      > On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Pavanaja U B <pavanaja@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have localized MSWLogo (http://www.vishvakannada.com/KannadaLogo
      > > <http://www.vishvakannada.com/KannadaLogo> ) into Kannada. This is a
      > > Windows based Logo.
      > >
      > > Now I am looking for some simple Linux Logo which has just about 50
      > > important keywords (more is ok) to localize into Kannada. This can go
      > > into OLPC as well. Any help in this direction will be appreciated. I
      > > also need some volunteers/students to work on this project. This can be
      > > a final year project as well.
      > >

      > KDE has one application kturtle , which gives an interface to do
      > turtle graphics.
      > not sure how well it implements original LOGO. This could be easily
      > localized to Kannada.
      >
      > & welcome back, long time heard from you :-)
      >
      > Karunakar
      >
      > ------------------------------------

      This is really a very wonderful attempt! Kturtle, part of KDE-EDU packages [
      http://edu.kde.org/%5d, should be localizable in Kannada. More info on the
      translation for Kturtle can be found here:
      http://edu.kde.org/kturtle/translator.php

      Kturtle is also available by default in Edubuntu, the defacto OS recommended
      for schools by Prajna : Cognizant FLOSS Corps.
      http://scorpfromhell.blogspot.com/2007/12/why-edubuntu-for-schools.html

      Kturtle has a google group too:
      http://groups.google.com/group/kdeedu-kturtle/

      There are some German localization sample PO files for Kturtle courtesy of
      the Skolelinux team: http://edu.kde.org/kturtle/files.php

      Pls do let us know where this project would be hosted so that we can pass on
      the info to interested parties.

      --
      - Prem

      Prem Kumar Aparanji
      M: 00919845226618
      [Bangalore, KA, INDIA]

      http://scorpfromhell.blogspot.com
      http://shaloos.in

    • Pavanaja U B
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2008
        Thanks to Karunakar and Prem.

        Is there a place where I can download just the .po files for
        translation? I searched the KDE web-site and could not find them.
        According the web-site, I have to download the entire KDE distro. Am I
        missing something? Since I already have translated MSWLoogo into
        Kannada, I have the strings ready.

        Regards,

        Pavanaja