FREED.IN/2008: Delhi, Feb 22-24

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2008
      All:

      FREED.IN/2008 - *the* FOSS event in North India, starts on Friday, Feb
      22nd, and runs through Sunday, Feb 24th.

      In the new scheme of things, where every FOSS event in India chooses a
      particular focus (such as FOSS.IN, with its developer and contributor
      focus), FREED.IN has chosen to focus on knowledge, using the FOSS approach
      to things. Of course, there are talks about all kinds of FOSS related
      subjects, so there is something for everyone.

      Check out http://freed.in/2008 - the speaker and talk list has been
      announced (and more will appear shortly), and there are some very good
      ones lined up by many well-known Indian FOSS people, including Sankarshan
      Mukhopadhyay on "Communities is an oft used word", Venkatesh Hariharan on
      "Open Standards, Open Society", Sayamindu Dasgupta on "OLPC: It is an
      education project, not a laptop project", Shreyas Srinivasan on
      "Independent Music Ecosystem", and many others.

      (I will be giving a talk in the afternoon of the 22nd, that combines both
      my passions - Mobility and FOSS. I will be speaking on "Open Mobility".
      More gadgets per minute than you can throw a stylus at. And *all* of them
      running FOSS technology.)

      In addition, there is lots of side-action at the event, with the FOSS
      community mingling and rubbing noses. BoFs and ad hoc discussions will
      aplenty, and if the event is anything like it was last time, this is going
      to be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

      If you are in North India, especially Delhi, and have not been able to
      attend FOSS.IN and other such events, and would like to check out the FOSS
      community, then this is your chance.

      Be at the JNU, Friday through Sunday (here are directions:
      http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Freed2008/GettingToFreedIn).
      Entrance is free, but you must bring an open mind, and the willingness to
      participate actively. :)

      See you at FREED.IN!

      Atul Chitnis
      Bangalore, India