Photos of first OLPC pilot in India

  • Venkatesh Hariharan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2008
      As 2007 was drawing to a close, I got a chance to visit the OLPC
      deployment in Khairat, which is around 55 kilometres outside Mumbai.
      This deployment is supported by Reliance, one of the largest
      industrial groups in India. The user interface called Sugar [1] that
      has been specially designed for children by Red Hat, the OLPC
      foundation, Pentagram and others and is based on Fedora.

      The deployment is two months old and the parents, children and
      teachers are very enthusiastic about this project. I have uploaded
      photos from the visit and added a small description to each photo.
      These are at:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/venky7/sets/72157603606772250/

      I look forward to your comments, feedback, brickbats etc...

      Venky

      [1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar