FOSS.IN/2007 Talk Schedules

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 26, 2007
      All:

      Better late than never, what say? :)

      Apologies for the delay, but the talk schedules for FOSS.IN/2007 are now
      out and awaiting your attention at

      http://foss.in/2007/schedules

      You will notice a few blank spaces, those will be fixed shortly.

      We have tried to accommodate people as far as possible, but if you have a
      life and death situation that could get fixed by altering a schedule a
      bit, let us know at http://foss.in/contact ASAP.

      And yes, the labels are missing for the Project Days, so here is a
      reminder:

      Dec 4

      1. Mozilla
      2. Gnome
      3. OpenSolaris
      4. Ubuntu/Debian

      Dec 5

      1. IndLinux
      2. KDE
      3. OpenOffice.org
      4. Fedora

      Yenjoy Maadi!

      F O S S . I N / 2 0 0 7
      India's Premier FOSS Conference
      December 4-8, 2007
      Bangalore, India
      http://foss.in
    • Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
      • Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 26, 2007
          Can the colour combination for the Fedora Project Day be modified?
          Currently it is very difficult to read.

          Cheers,
          Debarshi
          --
          GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7
          Key server: pgp.mit.edu
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 26, 2007
            --- Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:

            > Can the colour combination for the Fedora Project
            > Day be modified?
            > Currently it is very difficult to read.

            I agree. The background could be a tint of the color
            'Red'. :)

            #b50104 - for instance
            or #ff6300

            --
            http://www.gnu.org.in
            http://www.somaiya.edu/sksasc

            Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups
          • Andrew Cowie
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 26, 2007
              On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 14:23 +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
              > http://foss.in/2007/schedules

              Just a thought: you might consider changing

              Date 8th December, 2007

              for

              Saturday, 8th December, 2007

              AfC
              Sydney

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 26, 2007
                On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Atul Chitnis wrote:

                > We have tried to accommodate people as far as possible, but if you have a
                > life and death situation that could get fixed by altering a schedule a
                > bit, let us know at http://foss.in/contact ASAP.

                OK, judging by the feedback we got, we have to drink more coffee before we
                finalize schedules.

                Expect some sweeping changes today.

                Many thanks to everyone who wrote in.

                Atul

                p.s. This is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooong night.

                --
                F O S S . I N / 2 0 0 7
                India's Premier FOSS Conference
                December 4-8, 2007
                Bangalore, India
                http://foss.in
              • Louis Suarez-Potts
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 26, 2007
                  Hi
                  I'm getting confused...
                  Is OpenOffice.org on 4 or 5 December? I really need to know...

                  Thanks
                  Louis
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 26, 2007
                    On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Atul Chitnis wrote:

                    > Expect some sweeping changes today.

                    This is only for the Main Conference. Project Days are ok, except for some
                    minor tweaks.

                    Revised schedule should be out post lunchtime.

                    F O S S . I N / 2 0 0 7
                    India's Premier FOSS Conference
                    December 4-8, 2007
                    Bangalore, India
                    http://foss.in
                  • S h i v
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 26, 2007
                      On Nov 27, 2007 2:57 AM, Louis Suarez-Potts <Louis.Suarez-Potts@...> wrote:
                      > Hi
                      > I'm getting confused...
                      > Is OpenOffice.org on 4 or 5 December? I really need to know...

                      After the initial discussions with the PD co-ordinators, all the
                      external communication mentions OOo PD to be on 5-Dec. So that is the
                      final one.
                      Unless the foss.in organizers pitch in with a clarification.

                      -Shiv
                    • Andrew Cowie
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 26, 2007
                        On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 14:23 +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
                        > http://foss.in/2007/schedules

                        If the talks linked to something that wasn't SSL, you would save a lot
                        of processing power on your server, perhaps resulting in faster response
                        times for people browsing the schedule.

                        [In particular it means you're serving all your images https:// which is
                        a common way to burn CPU cycles to no real benefit]

                        AfC
                        Sydney

                      • Dr. Tarique Sani
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 26, 2007
                          Andrew Cowie wrote:
                          > On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 14:23 +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
                          >
                          >> http://foss.in/2007/schedules
                          >>

                          > If the talks linked to something that wasn't SSL, you would save a lot
                          > of processing power on your server, perhaps resulting in faster response
                          > times for people browsing the schedule.
                          >
                          > [In particular it means you're serving all your images https:// which is
                          > a common way to burn CPU cycles to no real benefit]

                          Done - will appear when the revised schedule is published.

                          Tarique

                          PHP Applications for E-Biz: http://www.sanisoft.com
                          Coppermine Picture Gallery: http://coppermine.sf.net