FOSS.IN/2007: Call for Volunteers

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 18, 2007
      All:

      A large international conference such as FOSS.IN requires tremendous
      amount of ground support during the days of the event.

      The nature of support varies from activities such as interacting with
      speakers and escorting them to the stage right down to sprinting from one
      end of the conference venue to another carrying a message (or a 17 inch
      monitor) to darting across the city to pick up scotch tape!

      People involved in this activity require a strong sense of *can-do,
      will-do* attitude coupled with a sense of trust and team work. Such people
      who will volunteer to help run the conference are what we term Volunteers.
      Volunteers are people who make sure that the event runs smoothly.

      This is the call for volunteers for FOSS.IN/2007.

      Please go to

      http://foss.in/2007/info/Volunteer_Guide

      Read the entire thing, then follow the links given there.

      Thanks in advance for your help!

      Atul

      p.s. Please register ASAP - the mail to all registered volunteers calling
      them to the Volunteer Meet will go out soon.

      --
      F O S S . I N / 2 0 0 7
      India's Premier FOSS Conference
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2007
        --- Atul Chitnis wrote:

        [snip ...]
        > to sprinting from one
        ^^^ - I actually read that as "s-print" (sprintf
        in C) at the first instance.
        [snip ...]

        Just curious; (I'm not attending the event) do
        Volunteers have / wear a T-Shirt that advertises
        FOSS.IN/2007 (sure, it doesn't require) (or FOSS
        projects) and has Volunteer printed on it? (or
        ID-cards / entry cards do that job?)

        --
        http://www.gnu.org.in
        http://www.somaiya.edu/sksasc

        Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 18, 2007
          On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Roshan wrote:

          > Just curious; (I'm not attending the event) do
          > Volunteers have / wear a T-Shirt that advertises
          > FOSS.IN/2007 (sure, it doesn't require) (or FOSS
          > projects) and has Volunteer printed on it? (or
          > ID-cards / entry cards do that job?)

          We havent completely finalised that aspect yet, but at the very least,
          volunteers will be issued special Team FOSS.IN Volunteer passes.

          We will be informing volunteers about these aspects at the Volunteer Meet.

          F O S S . I N / 2 0 0 7
          India's Premier FOSS Conference
          December 4-8, 2007
          Bangalore, India
          http://foss.in
        • Shameer Khadar
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 19, 2007
            I work at NCBS and IISc. I am interested to volunteer the event. But I wont
            be able to volunteer on all the conference days.
            Is there any provision for a part-time volunteering ?

            --
            K Shameer
          • Shreyas Srinivasan
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 19, 2007
              On Nov 19, 2007 6:13 PM, Shameer Khadar <skhadar@...> wrote:

              > I work at NCBS and IISc. I am interested to volunteer the event. But I wont
              > be able to volunteer on all the conference days.
              > Is there any provision for a part-time volunteering ?

              As long as we know before hand, volunteering for few days
              of the conference wont be an issue.

              Cheers,
              Shreyas