freed.in

  • Kishore Bhargava
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
      Take a break from your regular programme and head towards
      http://freed.in While foss.in preparations are in full-swing late
      September bring you freed.in in New Delhi. The CfP is out and the main
      site is sort of up and running. Check it out!

      Cheers...Kishore
      --
      Bureaucrat, n.:
      A person who cuts red tape sideways.
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
        --- In foss-in@yahoogroups.com, Kishore Bhargava <kishore@...> wrote:

        > Take a break from your regular programme and head towards
        > http://freed.in While foss.in preparations are in full-swing late
        > September bring you freed.in in New Delhi.

        Thanks for the pointer... I'm a little confused - so freed.in and
        freedel.in are the same?

        Vamsee.
      • Kishore Bhargava
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
          > Thanks for the pointer... I'm a little confused - so freed.in and
          > freedel.in are the same?

          freed.in is the new name for freedel! hope that clears the confusion!

          cheers...kishore
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
            On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Kishore Bhargava wrote:

            > freed.in is the new name for freedel! hope that clears the confusion!

            it would help if you guys would redirect freedel.in to freed.in. God
            forbid someone stands up and says you hijacked the event! :)

            (gd&r)

            Atul
          • Kishore Bhargava
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
              Atul Chitnis wrote:
              > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Kishore Bhargava wrote:
              >
              >> freed.in is the new name for freedel! hope that clears the confusion!
              >
              > it would help if you guys would redirect freedel.in to freed.in. God
              > forbid someone stands up and says you hijacked the event! :)

              Oooh! damn the secret is out now. The only reason we have not yet
              redirected the freedel.in site is that we wanted to leave that one as it
              was. Having a tough time merging into the new design. ;-)

              Cheers...Kishore
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
                On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Kishore Bhargava wrote:

                > Oooh! damn the secret is out now.

                ROTFL!

                > The only reason we have not yet redirected the freedel.in site is that
                > we wanted to leave that one as it was. Having a tough time merging into
                > the new design. ;-)

                Heh - so did we, and the old LB pages are all still there. But at least
                the last set of pages (http://linux-bangalore.org/2004) has a pointer to
                the new event to ease the confusion and keep the continuity.

                So add a link to freedel.in, pointing to freed.in :)

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
                  Hi,
                  It seems like the development for foss.in 2007 has started. Any time now the mailing list will be, coming back to life again. :-)
                  1st signs of foss.in 2007 are here.

                  take cair and bye

                • Vijay Barve
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 22, 2007
                    humm Still it continues.....

                    Cant access http://foss.in/2007

                    Regards,

                    Vijay
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 23, 2007
                      On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Vijay Barve wrote:

                      > humm Still it continues.....
                      >
                      > Cant access http://foss.in/2007

                      LOL!

                      Guys, look at previous years' archives - and you will immediately know
                      when the announcement will be made :)

                      Atul Chitnis | mail@...
                      Bangalore, India | http://atulchitnis.net
                    • Vijay Barve
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 23, 2007
                        Atul Chitnis wrote:

                        > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Vijay Barve wrote:
                        >
                        > > humm Still it continues.....
                        > >
                        > > Cant access http://foss.in/2007 <http://foss.in/2007>
                        >
                        > LOL!
                        >
                        > Guys, look at previous years' archives - and you will immediately know
                        > when the announcement will be made :)

                        OMG more than 50 days to go. And we keep seeing "Authentication
                        required" dialog box till then.

                        :)
                      • Roshan
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 23, 2007
                          --- Vijay Barve wrote:

                          > humm Still it continues.....
                          >
                          > Cant access http://foss.in/2007

                          I get a prompt to input username and password?

                          --
                          FSF of India Associate Fellow - http://www.gnu.org.in
                          http://www.somaiya.edu/sksasc

                          Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html
                        • G Karunakar
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 23, 2007
                            On 7/23/07, Atul Chitnis <listadmin@...> wrote:

                            > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Vijay Barve wrote:
                            >
                            > > humm Still it continues.....
                            > >
                            > > Cant access http://foss.in/2007
                            >
                            > LOL!
                            >
                            > Guys, look at previous years' archives - and you will immediately know
                            > when the announcement will be made :)

                            a month more i guess? ;-)

                            Karunakar
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 23, 2007
                              On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, G Karunakar wrote:

                              >> Guys, look at previous years' archives - and you will immediately know
                              >> when the announcement will be made :)
                              >
                              > a month more i guess? ;-)

                              In the past few years, the announcement has always been made in the same
                              time period. If you look at the archives, you'll see that.

                              This year is no different, so go back and check the archives. ;)

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 23, 2007
                                G Karunakar wrote:

                                > On 7/23/07, Atul Chitnis <listadmin@...
                                > <mailto:listadmin%40linux-bangalore.org>> wrote:
                                > >

                                > > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Vijay Barve wrote:
                                > >
                                > > > humm Still it continues.....
                                > > >
                                > > > Cant access http://foss.in/2007 <http://foss.in/2007>
                                > >
                                > > LOL!
                                > >
                                > > Guys, look at previous years' archives - and you will immediately know
                                > > when the announcement will be made :)
                                >
                                > a month more i guess? ;-)

                                My guess is 48 days.

                                Vijay
                              • Vijay Barve
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 23, 2007
                                  Roshan wrote:

                                  > --- Vijay Barve wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > humm Still it continues.....
                                  > >
                                  > > Cant access http://foss.in/2007 <http://foss.in/2007>
                                  >
                                  > I get a prompt to input username and password?

                                  Yes, that is confusing. I agree with you.

                                  Vijay