Special Bangalore LUG Meet: April 10th 2007

  • Tejas Dinkar
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
      The Bangalore Linux Users Group is happy to announce a special event on
      April 10th:

      T h e O p e n M o k o P r o j e c t
      Presented by
      Sean Moss-Pultz and Harald Welte
      Tuesday, 10th April, 4:00pm
      Hotel Chancery, Lavelle Road
      Bangalore

      OpenMoko (http://openmoko.org) is the world's first integrated Open Source
      Mobile Communication Platform. OpenMoko is supposed to run on all kinds of
      Linux-capable mobile phones. The first fully supported OpenMoko phone is
      the FIC Neo1973.

      Sean Moss-Pultz of FIC is the Program manager and driving force behind the
      project.

      Harald Welte is... ummm.. he's done so much for the FOSS community,
      maybe it's better if you just read about him here:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Welte

      They are going to show off their baby, explain what makes it tick, and how
      it works, and how you can get involved in this high-visibility project.

      They will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

      The event is open to (almost) everyone who is interested in OpenMoko and
      wants to learn more about the project. This event is developer oriented,
      and of interest to people who wish to contribute to the project at system
      (Linux), UI (gtk) or application level.

      The "almost" in the paragraph above stems from the fact that no more than
      100 people will fit in the venue, and it is therefore first come, first
      serve.

      There is no cover charge, but you will have to register by sending your
      name to openmoko-event@... latest by Monday, the 9th of April - only
      people who register and who receive a confirmation can attend.

      Sorry about that, but we have to take into account that the venue can only
      hold a fixed number of people, and that we have to tell the hotel in
      advance how many people will be coming (for the snacks and tea/coffee
      after the event).

      We are grateful to Geodesic Information Systems Limited, who have kindly
      agreed to cover the expenses of the event.

      So if you are interested in embedded/mobile Linux, the OpenMoko project,
      and the future of mobile communication, then please send your name to
      openmoko-event@...

      Please spend some time going through the material at http://openmoko.org
      to prepare. This will help you get the most out of the event.

      And if any of you have already started developing for the platform (you
      know who you are), please let us know so that we can highlight this during
      the event.
      --
      Tejas Dinkar
      http://gja.in
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
        hi list..

        this s really something interesting. i'l be dropping
        in there for the meet...

        can anybody tell me the landmark to reach this
        hotel..?

        thanks.
        ashutosh

        ASHUTOSH NARAYAN
        RedHat Certified Technician
        Final Yr. B.E (DSCE)
        Bangalore, INDIA

        http://in.answers.yahoo.com/
      • Som Bhowmik
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
          Good Morning,

          I am very much interested to be a part of the event.

          The only thing is the time, it is at 4'o clock in afternoon.

          Is it feasible to dump my office work and head for the event, which is purely my personal matter ....

          If there is any scope for reschedule the timing at least at 6.30 pm ?? May be it sounds too much selfish, but it is a fact.

          Bye

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
            On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Som Bhowmik wrote:

            > The only thing is the time, it is at 4'o clock in afternoon.
            >
            > Is it feasible to dump my office work and head for the event, which is
            > purely my personal matter ....

            As of 6pm on Wednesday, 90 people think it is.

            > If there is any scope for reschedule the timing at least at 6.30 pm ??
            > May be it sounds too much selfish, but it is a fact.

            Given the logistics involved of getting *any* venue in Bangalore, I can
            safely say that the event cannot be rescheduled. Sorry.

            Atul Chitnis | mail@...
            Bangalore, India | http://atulchitnis.net
          • Tejas Dinkar
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
              On Wed, 04 Apr 2007, Som Bhowmik sent out 13K bytes to say:
              > If there is any scope for reschedule the timing at least at 6.30 pm ?? May be it sounds too much selfish, but it is a fact.

              Ideally, we had tried for a 6-8 meet.

              However, unfortunately, various issues with the venue(s) just made it
              impossible for us to have the meeting later in the evening.
              --
              Tejas Dinkar
              http://gja.in