The OpenAlchemy project

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8 10:54 AM
      All:

      The OpenAlchemy project is the opensourced version of Alchemy - the
      user interface used on the Amida Simputer.

      Everytime I have shown the Simputer to people abroad, the first thing
      people have commented on was the interface, and have asked if it was
      possible to make the code available.

      Now Alchemy has been opensourced, and the code is out there, under the
      GPL. Several people have started actively working on it, including some
      well known names outside India. There is a lot of work to be done, and if
      you ever wanted to get involved with a FOSS project, this would be a good
      way to start. And since the port going on is to the OPenEmbedded platform,
      you would actually be involved with both projects.

      If you are interested in contributing to the project (especially if you
      are a student), go over to http://openalchemy.org, join the mailing list
      (you will find some familiar people there already), read through the
      archives, find out what needs doing - and go for it!

      http://atulchitnis.com (Professional)
      http://atulchitnis.net (Personal)
    • jayasimha makineni
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8 11:41 PM