Call to Indian Wikipedians

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2006
      On Friday, Jimmy "Jimbo" Wales met up with a bunch of indian Wikipedia
      editors in Bangalore.

      Jimbo was very involving, focussing on Indian Language wikipedias, and
      brainstorming on how we could extend these. Recognising that awareness is
      half the problem, I invited the Indian Wikipedia community to participate
      at FOSS.IN/2006, and have offered them free expo space, with connectivity,
      computers, etc. that they may require to highlight their work. I have also
      invited them to submit talks on the subject.

      Wikipedia is about as FOSS as a project can get, so it is dead in line
      with the objectives of FOSS.IN. Please spread the word to other Indian
      Wikipedia editors (*especially* Indian language wikipedia editors), and
      get them to participate. I am reserving stalls, conectivity, machines and
      anything else needed for this.

      http://atulchitnis.com (Professional)
      http://atulchitnis.net (Personal)