[foss.in] FOSS.IN/2006: Current status (fwd)

    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2006
      Hmmm, Yahoogroups seems to have issues again. After being told that
      a vast majority of people on this list never received this message, I
      am reposting it - I hope it goes through this time. Apologies if you
      were one of the people who *did* receive it the first time.

      Atul

      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2006
        Atul,

        We had a yahoogroup. Many people with hotmail account
        signed in to the group. After a while we noticed many
        mails getting bounced from hotmail account. At last we
        had to create a hotmail account and send the mail from
        that account to inform people that they are not
        getting mails from the yahoo group (some people said
        "now we are getting mails, so everything should be
        ok". Had to explain how they got that mail!)

        Among the possible alternative cities, Coimbatore
        could be added for many reasons. Here are few

        a. It has big halls, CODISSIA/IMTEX exhibition halls
        which can accomodate 1000's of people. It has two
        restaurants on site. http://www.intecexpo.com/

        b. Other facilities like International Airport,
        Railway Junction, Bus Station, SITRA, hospitals, big
        hotels (The residency, Jenny club etc), Nilgiris,
        Restaurants and clubs are nearby.

        c. It has been a college city for a long time. Old
        colleges like PSG Tech, GCT and CIT along with host of
        new colleges are nearby.

        d. It has excellent places for one day getaways -
        Kovai Courtallum, Black Thunder, Kovai Kondattum (both
        theme parks), other recreation like bowling lanes,
        horse riding, golf clubs etc are nearby.

        e. I hope bandwidth must be available in plenty. What
        kind of bandwidth we are looking at? what other things
        we need from the host place/city? I can try to get the
        information needed.

        f. IT, BPO etc are coming up in the private sector
        (TCS, Cognizant, KG Campus, STPs etc).
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coimbatore has some
        information.

        Let's add Coimbatore to the list and see what we can
        do.

        Thanks
        Mohan

        http://mail.yahoo.com