Re: [lb/2002] how does one volunteer?

  • Sid Carter
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 27, 2002

      Harish> Ahem... Being the content writer for my company's website and writing
      Harish> personal ancedotes on my LiveJournal for the last 1 yr, may I present myself
      Harish> as a candidate for the writing team? What do I gotta do?

      Hi,
      Good. Thanks for volunteering yet again. Can you send me an article on
      the Linux Bangalore 2001. A small writeup which summarises everything
      about LB/2001. We will be needing this for the various invitations we
      plan ( also for the corporate track, call for speakers et al ).

      Thanks
      Sid
      --
      The only difference between your girlfriend and a barracuda is the nailpolish.

      Sid Carter FreeBSD.
    • Harish Thota
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 27, 2002
        Hi Sid,

        Ok man. I will do that and give it to you in the next 2-3 days.

        Rgds,

        Harish

        > Harish> Ahem... Being the content writer for my company's website and
        writing
        > Harish> personal ancedotes on my LiveJournal for the last 1 yr, may I
        present myself
        > Harish> as a candidate for the writing team? What do I gotta do?
        >
        > Hi,
        > Good. Thanks for volunteering yet again. Can you send me an article on
        > the Linux Bangalore 2001. A small writeup which summarises everything
        > about LB/2001. We will be needing this for the various invitations we
        > plan ( also for the corporate track, call for speakers et al ).
        >
        > Thanks
        > Sid
        > --
        > The only difference between your girlfriend and a barracuda is the
        nailpolish.

        > Sid Carter FreeBSD.

        ---
      • Neelima.P
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 28, 2002
          hi,

          >volunteers are only needed right at the
          >end to help carry heavy boxes and wipe doorknobs at the >venue. ;-)

          i have no issues carrying boxes or wiping doorknobs ;-)

          >Right now the biggest thing we need is people who are >extremely
          >comfortable with writing. We also need publicity people >(Swati Sani is in
          >charge of publicity, and she needs a team), web/php/mysql >wizards, graphic
          >artists for posters and web elements, etc.

          i used to write when i was in school and college. right now i simply manage to catch up with some good literature. so i think i may be of some help. i havent attended any of the blug meetings; i am planning to attend from this month. once i am familiar with the ambience i think i could be very helpful. in any case please let us know about any other ways if and when anything is required.

          --Neelima

        • Sanjeev Anand
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 28, 2002
            hi
            i had written a few articles and can still write better ones. pl mail back if I am of some use in writing something...
            sanjeev
            "Neelima.P" wrote:
            hi,

            >volunteers are only needed right at the
            >end to help carry heavy boxes and wipe doorknobs at the >venue. ;-)

            i have no issues carrying boxes or wiping doorknobs ;-)

            >Right now the biggest thing we need is people who are >extremely
            >comfortable with writing. We also need publicity people >(Swati Sani is in
            >charge of publicity, and she needs a team), web/php/mysql >wizards, graphic
            >artists for posters and web elements, etc.

            i used to write when i was in school and college. right now i simply manage to catch up with some good literature. so i think i may be of some help. i havent attended any of the blug meetings; i am planning to attend from this month. once i am familiar with the ambience i think i could be very helpful. in any case please let us know about any other ways if and when anything is required.

            --Neelima

            Dr. Sanjeev Anand
            Institute of Bioinformatics
            INNOVATOR, 8th Floor, Unit#17
            International Technology Park Ltd.
            Whitefield Road, Bangalore 560066, India.
            Phone:(91)080-8416140 (O) Fax (91)080-8416132
            E-mail: sanjeev@... URL: http://www.ibioinformatics.org

          • Sid Carter
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 28, 2002

              Neelima> i have no issues carrying boxes or wiping doorknobs ;-)

              >> Right now the biggest thing we need is people who are >extremely
              >> comfortable with writing. We also need publicity people >(Swati Sani is in
              Neelima> i used to write when i was in school and college. right now i simply manage to catch up with some good literature. so i think i may be of some help. i havent attended any of the blug meetings; i am planning to attend from this month. once i am familiar with the ambience i think i could be very helpful. in any case please let us know about any other ways if and when anything is required.

              Hi,

              As was mentioned sometime back, anyone can contribute to LB/2002. So, if
              you can write well, please send a small write up on what happened in
              LB/2001. For more information about LB/2001, go here
              http://linux-bangalore.org/2001 and http://linux-bangalore.org/2002/pr.php

              Well, this is for anyone who thinks he/she can write well. First come
              First accepted ;) Hurry up, we need to put lot of things in place. We
              will also need a lot of this for the Publicity and stuff.

              Regards
              Sid
              --
              Brain, v. [as in "to brain"]:
              To rebuke bluntly, but not pointedly; to dispel a source of

              Sid Carter - sidcarter at symonds dot net
            • Sid Carter
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 30, 2002
                Hi,

                Wrong link. Updated link --> http://symonds.net/~sidcarter/docs.php

                Regards
                Sid
                --
                Oh, well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.

                Sid Carter - http://symonds.net/~sidcarter