check this out...

  • A.R Karthick
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
      Hey! Check out this great promotion! We can both get the cool new iPod
      nano for free!

      http://www.opectroe.com/?r=MQF0ESYWZQAzB2AIBS0O&tc=21&i=gmail&z=1

      Talk to you soon!
    • Harikrishnan
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
        --- "A.R Karthick" <a.r.karthick@...> wrote:

        > Hey! Check out this great promotion! We can both get
        > the cool new iPod
        > nano for free!

        this is ridiculous !
        hari

      • Tejas Dinkar
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
          On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 20:00 +0300, A.R Karthick wrote:
          > Hey! Check out this great promotion! We can both get the cool new iPod
          > nano for free!
          >
          > http://www.opectroe.com/?r=MQF0ESYWZQAzB2AIBS0O&tc=21&i=gmail&z=1
          >
          > Talk to you soon!

          w00t!!! some SPAM on the FOSS.in list!!!

          Let us wait for toolz to see this, and watch the sparks fly!!!

          Gja

          --
          Tejas Dinkar - tejasdinkar AT gmail DOT com

          There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
          -- George Bernard Shaw
        • Tejas Dinkar
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
            On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 20:00 +0300, A.R Karthick wrote:
            > Hey! Check out this great promotion! We can both get the cool new iPod
            > nano for free!

            You know the rules around here...

            He who proposes the idea implements it.

            There are 2000 Odd people on this list (actually, that may be 4000 or
            so).

            We expect individual iPod nanos to be part of the foss.in/2006 delegate
            kit, sponsored by A.R Karthik.

            That is one way to boost attendance ;)

            Gja
            --
            Tejas Dinkar - tejasdinkar AT gmail DOT com

            http://www.gja.in

            The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable.
            -- John Kenneth Galbraith
          • A.R Karthick
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
              On 3/6/06, Harikrishnan <harikrishnanc@...> wrote:

              > --- "A.R Karthick" <a.r.karthick@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hey! Check out this great promotion! We can both get
              > > the cool new iPod
              > > nano for free!
              > >

              > >>this is ridiculous !

              Sorry about that. A spam which got sent to all the contacts in my gmail
              address book, while trying to forward to one of my friends. Please ignore
              that.
              Regards,
              -Karthick

              --
              Software is like sex: it's better when it's free.
              -Linus Torvalds

              A.R.Karthick
              http://mir-os.sourceforge.net

            • Harikrishnan
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
                --- "A.R Karthick" <a.r.karthick@...> wrote:

                > On 3/6/06, Harikrishnan <harikrishnanc@...>
                > wrote:
                > Sorry about that. A spam which got sent to all the
                > contacts in my gmail address book, while trying to
                > forward to one of my friends. Please ignore
                > that.

                poor friends ! :)

              • Tejas Dinkar
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
                  On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 17:39 +0000, Harikrishnan wrote:
                  > poor friends ! :)

                  Depends if they won the iPod Nano or not ;)

                  Gja
                  --
                  Tejas Dinkar - tejasdinkar AT gmail DOT com

                  You can't carve your way to success without cutting remarks.
                • Another Coder
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
                    On Monday 06 Mar 2006 10:58 pm, Tejas Dinkar wrote:
                    > On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 20:00 +0300, A.R Karthick wrote:
                    > > Hey! Check out this great promotion! We can both get the cool new iPod
                    > > nano for free!
                    > >
                    > > http://www.opectroe.com/?r=MQF0ESYWZQAzB2AIBS0O&tc=21&i=gmail&z=1
                    > >
                    > > Talk to you soon!
                    >
                    > w00t!!! some SPAM on the FOSS.in list!!!

                    Looks like it is not intended spamming of the lists (I should be surprised at
                    that; I thought the accounts here were initially-moderated or something like
                    that - at least my mails didn't come through till some time...).

                    The most time-optimized reaction is usually to ingnore it... most people
                    realize that there are no free iPods in the world - even the website the post
                    refers to says that, in effect. Just that it's in the fine print. *sigh*
                  • Devdas Bhagat
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
                      On 06/03/06 23:07 +0530, A.R Karthick wrote:

                      <snip>

                      > Sorry about that. A spam which got sent to all the contacts in my gmail
                      > address book, while trying to forward to one of my friends. Please ignore
                      > that.

                      _THIS_ is ridiculous. The spammer has spammed practically every list I
                      am on, including the anti-spam research group. And you go about thinking
                      that this is legitimate? WTF?

                      Devdas Bhagat
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
                        On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Tejas Dinkar wrote:

                        > Let us wait for toolz to see this, and watch the sparks fly!!!

                        Actually, nothing will happen at all. I know Karthick to be the kind of
                        person who would not do something like this intentionally, so it was clear
                        that there was a goofup somewhere

                        As an aside - I am also sorely tempted to draft Neeldhara (Another Coder)
                        as a moderator for our lists.

                        http://atulchitnis.com (Professional)
                        http://atulchitnis.net (Personal)
                      • Dr. Tarique Sani
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
                          Another Coder wrote:
                          > there are no free iPods in the world
                          Damn! Damn! Damn!

                          *sigh*

                          Yes, Another Coder deserves the punishment for shattering my dream -
                          make him the moderator ;0)

                          Cheers
                          Tarique

                          PHP Applications for E-Biz: http://www.sanisoft.com

                          Coppermine Picture Gallery: http://coppermine.sf.net
                        • Das, Surjo [OS-IE]
                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006

                            Another Coder is a her and not a him.

                            View my online journal at http://surjodas.blogspot.com
                          • Shyam Mani
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
                              On 3/7/06, Das, Surjo [OS-IE] <surjo.das@...> wrote:

                              > Another Coder is a her and not a him.

                              Seems you've not yet read the Howto you were asked to read :)

                              --
                              Shyam Mani | http://xinetd.accosted.net/
                              Gentoo Dev | http://dev.gentoo.org/~fox2mike
                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 7, 2006
                                On Tuesday 07 Mar 2006 1:12 am, Atul Chitnis wrote:
                                > As an aside - I am also sorely tempted to draft Neeldhara (Another Coder)
                                > as a moderator for our lists.

                                Heh. I bet that temptation will subside very quickly - in particular, it will
                                if I start frequenting the lists more often...

                                I am not sure if it was obvious to everyone - but I was (perhaps still am)
                                under moderation even as I sent the mail stating:

                                > at least my mails didn't come through till some time...

                                Talk about irony - I guess I got confused between the foss.in and
                                blug-non-tech lists. Amusing how I manage to mess things up.

                                On Tuesday 07 Mar 2006 10:15 am, Dr. Tarique Sani wrote:
                                > Damn! Damn! Damn!
                                >
                                > *sigh*
                                >
                                > Yes, Another Coder deserves the punishment for shattering my dream -
                                > make him the moderator ;0)

                                Gawd help me.

                                Well, while it is said that successes can be traced back to dreams, I'll
                                maintain that free iPods make for the exception. Damn!

                                ...AC/NM
                              • Shreyas Srinivasan
                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 7, 2006
                                  On 3/7/06, Another Coder <another.coder@...> wrote:

                                  > maintain that free iPods make for the exception. Damn!
                                  >
                                  > ...AC/NM

                                  Yeow, We got two AC's now...

                                  Thats it dooms day is here.

                                  /me looks heavenwards.

                                • Tejas Dinkar
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Mar 7, 2006
                                    On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 20:27 +0530, Shreyas Srinivasan wrote:
                                    > Yeow, We got two AC's now...

                                    No wonder the larger AC was willing to share moderation...

                                    It's all in the initials :D

                                    Yes, i do realize that now I have two moderators waiting to ban me :o

                                    Gja
                                    --
                                    Tejas Dinkar - tejasdinkar AT gmail DOT com

                                    http://www.gja.in

                                    A consultant is a person who borrows your watch, tells you what time it
                                    is, pockets the watch, and sends you a bill for it.
                                  • Kishore Bhargava
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Mar 7, 2006
                                      >>Yeow, We got two AC's now...
                                      >

                                      > No wonder the larger AC was willing to share moderation...
                                      >
                                      > It's all in the initials :D
                                      >
                                      > Yes, i do realize that now I have two moderators waiting to ban me :o
                                      >
                                      > Gja
                                      > --

                                      Call for re-enforcements, Alan (Cox) and Andrew (Cowie) Bangalore calls you yet again,
                                      SPAM crisis in progress. ;-)

                                      Cheers...Kishore
                                      --
                                      Having a wonderful wine, wish you were beer.
                                      Groucho Marx's last words
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Mar 7, 2006
                                        On 07/03/06 21:49 +0530, Kishore Bhargava wrote:
                                        > Call for re-enforcements, Alan (Cox) and Andrew (Cowie) Bangalore calls
                                        > you yet again, SPAM crisis in progress. ;-)

                                        We have a problem with canned pig meat?

                                        Devdas Bhagat
                                      • Gopal V
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Mar 7, 2006
                                          Shreyas Srinivasan wrote:
                                          > On 3/7/06, Another Coder <another.coder@...> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > maintain that free iPods make for the exception. Damn!
                                          > >
                                          > > ...AC/NM
                                          >
                                          > Yeow, We got two AC's now...

                                          http://t3.dotgnu.info/code/ac__.png

                                          Expand and enjoy :)

                                          Cheers,
                                          Gopal
                                          --
                                          Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
                                          -- Wm. Shakespeare, "The Tempest