Re: [lb/2002] how does one volunteer?

  • Harish Thota
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 27, 2002
      > Right now the biggest thing we need is people who are extremely
      > comfortable with writing.

      Ahem... Being the content writer for my company's website and writing
      personal ancedotes on my LiveJournal for the last 1 yr, may I present myself
      as a candidate for the writing team? What do I gotta do?

      Harish

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 27, 2002

        Harish> Ahem... Being the content writer for my company's website and writing
        Harish> personal ancedotes on my LiveJournal for the last 1 yr, may I present myself
        Harish> as a candidate for the writing team? What do I gotta do?

        Hi,
        Good. Thanks for volunteering yet again. Can you send me an article on
        the Linux Bangalore 2001. A small writeup which summarises everything
        about LB/2001. We will be needing this for the various invitations we
        plan ( also for the corporate track, call for speakers et al ).

        Thanks
        Sid
        --
        The only difference between your girlfriend and a barracuda is the nailpolish.

        Sid Carter FreeBSD.
      • Harish Thota
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 27, 2002
          Hi Sid,

          Ok man. I will do that and give it to you in the next 2-3 days.

          Rgds,

          Harish

          > Harish> Ahem... Being the content writer for my company's website and
          writing
          > Harish> personal ancedotes on my LiveJournal for the last 1 yr, may I
          present myself
          > Harish> as a candidate for the writing team? What do I gotta do?
          >
          > Hi,
          > Good. Thanks for volunteering yet again. Can you send me an article on
          > the Linux Bangalore 2001. A small writeup which summarises everything
          > about LB/2001. We will be needing this for the various invitations we
          > plan ( also for the corporate track, call for speakers et al ).
          >
          > Thanks
          > Sid
          > --
          > The only difference between your girlfriend and a barracuda is the
          nailpolish.

          > Sid Carter FreeBSD.

          ---
        • Neelima.P
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 28, 2002
            hi,

            >volunteers are only needed right at the
            >end to help carry heavy boxes and wipe doorknobs at the >venue. ;-)

            i have no issues carrying boxes or wiping doorknobs ;-)

            >Right now the biggest thing we need is people who are >extremely
            >comfortable with writing. We also need publicity people >(Swati Sani is in
            >charge of publicity, and she needs a team), web/php/mysql >wizards, graphic
            >artists for posters and web elements, etc.

            i used to write when i was in school and college. right now i simply manage to catch up with some good literature. so i think i may be of some help. i havent attended any of the blug meetings; i am planning to attend from this month. once i am familiar with the ambience i think i could be very helpful. in any case please let us know about any other ways if and when anything is required.

            --Neelima

          • Sanjeev Anand
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 28, 2002
              hi
              i had written a few articles and can still write better ones. pl mail back if I am of some use in writing something...
              sanjeev
              "Neelima.P" wrote:
              hi,

              >volunteers are only needed right at the
              >end to help carry heavy boxes and wipe doorknobs at the >venue. ;-)

              i have no issues carrying boxes or wiping doorknobs ;-)

              >Right now the biggest thing we need is people who are >extremely
              >comfortable with writing. We also need publicity people >(Swati Sani is in
              >charge of publicity, and she needs a team), web/php/mysql >wizards, graphic
              >artists for posters and web elements, etc.

              i used to write when i was in school and college. right now i simply manage to catch up with some good literature. so i think i may be of some help. i havent attended any of the blug meetings; i am planning to attend from this month. once i am familiar with the ambience i think i could be very helpful. in any case please let us know about any other ways if and when anything is required.

              --Neelima

              Dr. Sanjeev Anand
              Institute of Bioinformatics
              INNOVATOR, 8th Floor, Unit#17
              International Technology Park Ltd.
              Whitefield Road, Bangalore 560066, India.
              Phone:(91)080-8416140 (O) Fax (91)080-8416132
              E-mail: sanjeev@... URL: http://www.ibioinformatics.org

            • Sid Carter
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 28, 2002

                Neelima> i have no issues carrying boxes or wiping doorknobs ;-)

                >> Right now the biggest thing we need is people who are >extremely
                >> comfortable with writing. We also need publicity people >(Swati Sani is in
                Neelima> i used to write when i was in school and college. right now i simply manage to catch up with some good literature. so i think i may be of some help. i havent attended any of the blug meetings; i am planning to attend from this month. once i am familiar with the ambience i think i could be very helpful. in any case please let us know about any other ways if and when anything is required.

                Hi,

                As was mentioned sometime back, anyone can contribute to LB/2002. So, if
                you can write well, please send a small write up on what happened in
                LB/2001. For more information about LB/2001, go here
                http://linux-bangalore.org/2001 and http://linux-bangalore.org/2002/pr.php

                Well, this is for anyone who thinks he/she can write well. First come
                First accepted ;) Hurry up, we need to put lot of things in place. We
                will also need a lot of this for the Publicity and stuff.

                Regards
                Sid
                --
                Brain, v. [as in "to brain"]:
                To rebuke bluntly, but not pointedly; to dispel a source of

                Sid Carter - sidcarter at symonds dot net
              • Sid Carter
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 30, 2002

                  Wrong link. Updated link --> http://symonds.net/~sidcarter/docs.php

                  Regards
                  Sid
                  --
                  Oh, well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.

                  Sid Carter - http://symonds.net/~sidcarter