Re: FOSS.IN DVDs

  • Barkha Khatri
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2005
      On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Atul Chitnis wrote,

      > - We could distribute them to schools and colleges that would like to have an > easy way of helping their tudens (and staff!) get their toes wet in the FOSS > world.

      Instead of just sending the DVDs off and students figuring things out themselves, how about some people who stay in here at Mumbai, coming in for a short talk on FOSS.IN and talk about the experiences of working for FOSS.IN (and ofcourse give out those DVDs to the interested ones!)

      There are people I know who have friends and siblings studying in Mumbai, but are themselves working at Banglore, and come down here quite often. They could certainly help students like me out.

      I would love to have someone talk about FOSS.IN at my college.

      Please let me know if anybody can help in here.

      Thanks.

      Barkha.

    • Devdas Bhagat
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2005
        On 23/12/05 12:14 +0000, Barkha Khatri wrote:

        Please fix your line length.

        > Instead of just sending the DVDs off and students figuring things out
        > themselves, how about some people who stay in here at Mumbai, coming in
        > for a short talk on FOSS.IN and talk about the experiences of working
        > for FOSS.IN (and ofcourse give out those DVDs to the interested ones!)

        If people _are_ interested in this, I will be in Mumbai from the 15th to
        the 25th afternoon. I should be free on the 24th and 25th morning. Let
        me know if I have to carry things over. I will be busy on other days for
        the SANOG conference, but I may be able to squeeze a day out in the
        beginning of the week.

        Devdas Bhagat