FOSS.IN/2005: Powering my urge to learn!

  • praveen mayakar
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2005
      Hey geeks,

      I am glad that FOSS.IN/2005 with all its positives; the talks, the speakers
      and the awesome BoFs, not to forget the great music, has powered my urge to
      learn! and SHARE.

      Last year when i had been at the Linux bangalore 2004 event at IISC, the
      penguin had just bit me. This time it has taken me into its "Jadoo". LINUX
      ROCKS!, infact all the free and open source softwares are cool.. Last years
      event influenced me to change my domain out of proprietary software
      environment and into linux, this time I aint gonna stop at just enjoying
      more of it. I shall contribute to the community,influence people(geeks and
      non geeks ;-)) to join and help it grow.

      One of the problems that I have seen with non geeks is that they have got
      used to what they have been using from long..(U know what i mean!). To
      change their mindset (I actually call this people geeking!) to try something
      new and much better is the real challenge. They just dont want to try.
      Taking this as the challenge, I hereby have started the GEEKING and making
      people try and use what is best rather than what is promoted as it is the
      best.

      I have hence announced my group members in RTOSWORLD and VXWORLD (these are
      my groups on Yahoo!) to try FOSS and join FOSS. Contribute to FOSS community
      and help it grow!!

      And this one is for the FOSS TEAM for that great event

      "Once you start a working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't
      abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest." - Chanakya

      Thanks a lot FOSS!

      Praveen Mayakar