Re: [foss.in] you created a new enthusiast

  • David Fetter
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2005
      On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 09:30:15AM -0000, arviarn wrote:

      > I am a new guy in open source world, but foss.in 2005 gave me a
      > small window through which i could see the immense world of open
      > softwares and its infinite scope. I wish to be part of some open
      > source project some day and i need advice in reaching there.

      You are doing just the right thing by reaching out to the community. :)

      > If anybody can help me, please do so. I have an average skill in
      > programming and love c language.

      Progamming skill is great, but not essential. Are there some
      particular projects that interest you just now? Perhaps there is
      something that you think should be a project, but is not (yet). Once
      you've identified an interest or three, you can start by introducing
      yourself on a list or IRC channel. You might want to see about having
      your boss endorse this if you have a boss :)

      David Fetter david@... http://fetter.org/
      phone: +1 415 235 3778

      Remember to vote!