Re: [foss.in] For video

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2005
      On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Sharninder wrote:

      > Can something like bittorrent be used ... maybe ??
      >
      > Or gmaildrive ?

      Bandwidth does not apply to networks alone.

      Sorry guys, NOTABUG - let's try and be more proactive about things next
      year. You should have attended Andrew's talk today about precisely this
      kind of stuff.

      Atul
    • Muthu Online
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
        " > Bandwidth does not apply to networks alone "

        if there's a concern over exceeding the bandwidth-limit allotted by
        one's hosting provider, then it can be avoided by cache-ing the video
        at coral cache, using the embed src format given below
        http://www.yourdomain.com.nyud.net:8090/videofoldername/video.wmv

        an audio podcast can be done next year, may be.

        muthu
        http://muthuonline.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2005
          On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Muthu Online wrote:

          > " > Bandwidth does not apply to networks alone "
          >
          > if there's a concern over exceeding the bandwidth-limit allotted by

          Brutally, to make this clear: what I mean by "Bandwidth does not apply to
          networks alone" is that human and financial inputs are bandwidth too.

          Some day, we will have enough manpower, and enough funding, to actually
          run the event the way we wanted to. It's been half a decade, and that
          hasn't happened yet.

          Rubbing it in with requests for something we clearly cannot cater to is
          just not helping.

          F O S S . I N / 2 0 0 5
          India's Premier FOSS Conference
          Nov 29 to Dec 02, 2005