Re: [foss.in] T-Shirts

  • sashank
    Message 1 of 90 , Oct 5, 2005
      Laxminarayan Kamath wrote:

      >My Favorite.. Why dint *I* think of this..
      >I suggest these words in bold and the rest of the whole poem in normal letters..

      the actual poem is some what like this ..

      / Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
      *Where knowledge is free*
      Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
      By narrow domestic walls
      Where words come out from the depth of truth
      Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
      Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
      Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
      Where the mind is led forward by thee
      Into ever-widening thought and action
      *Into that heaven of freedom*, my Father, *let my country awake*/

      but i feel it wud be too lenghty for a T Shirt , so i picked only
      those lines which ever hold good for the context ..

      --

      Nobody travels on the road to success without a puncture or two.

    • subbu_kk
      Message 90 of 90 , Oct 14, 2005
        --- In linux-bangalore-2005@yahoogroups.com, sashank <sashank@c...>
        wrote:

        > subbu_kk wrote:
        >
        > >But I feel it is not appropriate to redux it on a T-shirt. We
        could
        > >put it in our web-site, auditorium screens, panels, schedules
        etc.
        > >We could also begin our opening session with this quote.
        > >

        > when you want it everywhere , why not on T shirt tooo ?
        > which infact will reach the masses even after the event is
        over ...
        If we reduce it to a sound bite to fit it on a t-shirt, the essence
        of the stanza will be lost, IMHO. If the stanza does inspire someone
        to come with a good sound bite, it will an original one and it wont
        be Tagore's words.