Re: [foss.in] Digest Number 387

  • Shiv Senthilvel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      use, or continue to use, for the purpose of any trade,
      > business, calling or profession, or in the title of any patent, or
      > in any trade mark of design, any name or emblem specified in the
      > Schedule or any colourable imitation

      The wording speaks of commercial exploitation in my opinion. However
      the GPL or any restrictive license cannot be applied to the logo by
      the same metric. However i think that this is a code more honoured in
      the breach than the observance. This should not matter unless some
      pendantic bearucrat is paid off by "u-know-who" :)

      Shiv
    • Shiv Senthilvel
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
        On 10/3/05, Shiv Senthilvel <shiv.senthilvel@...> wrote:
        > > in any trade mark of design, any name or emblem specified in the
        > > Schedule or any colourable imitation

        Further to the previous post, i also observe that the wording speaks
        of 'name and emblem' or 'colourable imitation'. In effect none of the
        emblems signifying official status is banned so are 'colourable
        imitations', which again talks of the emblem and in fact makes the
        colour irrelevant. At least IMHO...

        Legalese can work both ways.

        shiv

        --