Re: [lb/2005] tutorial session for newbies

  • Raghavendra Moktali
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 3, 2005
      Bernhard Krieger wrote:
      > Arun Raghavan schrieb:
      >

      > ndispensable for newbies like me. Why don´t you bring your machine over
      > to the LB. I am sure you will find somebody who will show you around
      > with you hands on the keyboard.

      i'd love a stall/hall/bof where it says
      bash# "may i help you with your doubts."
      :)

      --
      Raghavendra
    • Kenneth Gonsalves
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 3, 2005
        i sent this mail before, but my ISP went chakkar and i dont think it
        reached so sending it again
        On Thursday 04 Aug 2005 1:22 am, Raghavendra Moktali wrote:
        > i would not call giving a basic talk about linux, it's
        > principals/methology or whatever you choose to call it, used in
        > it's implementation like for example in a server or desktop as
        > spoonfeeding. I am not from the IT/Computer science field and have
        > to grasp concepts that you may not think twice about, and i am sure
        > there are many like me.

        so lets have a BOF for ppl not from the IT/Computer science field.
        Something like strategies for using opensource in our fields. We'll
        keep the geeks out. You can share your experiences using opensource
        versions of autocad etc and why they are unsatisfactory. I can
        contribute stuff on usage of scripting languages to automate everyday
        tasks, enduser use of rdbms, website building. We can try to get dtp,
        graphics, music and video, local language use, backing up data
        locally and remotely, security at the local level - bioinformatics,
        physics, chemistry ...

        if we can get 4 or 5 ppl interested and work out a good schedule i'm
        sure the organisers would give us a little space to do our thing

        --
        regards
        kg

        http://www.livejournal.com/users/lawgon