BLUG May Meet: Fri, 31-May: Details

    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2002
      All:

      The details of the May meeting of the Bangalore Linux User Group are as
      follows:

      Date : Friday, 31-May

      Time : 6:00pm-8:30pm

      Venue : Hotel Ashraya International
      Infantry Road
      Opposite Police Commissioner's Office

      Hall : Shambhavi (beside reception)

      Charge : Rs.25/head (assuming that the meet is sponsored)

      Agenda : Linux Bangalore/2002 : The opening brief
      What, who, how, where, when, why, etc.

      The idea behind the LB/2002 brief is to get the BLUG to
      decide on what we want to do this year, how wide the scope
      will be, exhibition or not, target audience,
      local/national/international, etc.

      If you are interested in being part of this event, this
      would be a good time to make your voice heard.

      Talk : Digital Photography under Linux
      Supported cameras, applications, tips and tricks
      Atul Chitnis and others

      (If you own a digital still camera, please bring it for
      the meet.)

      Extra : One more item (To be announced during the meet)

      Food : Meet will end with heavy snacks and tea/coffee.

      Note : Because we only managed to get the smaller hall this time,
      things may be a wee bit cramped. Don't let that put you
      off - this hall has been witness to some of the BLUG's
      greatest moments!

      Press : Press is welcome to attend. Please send mail to
      pr@... to pre-register yourself and to
      allow us to send you a press kit after the meet.

      Discuss : All discussions about this meet in
      linux-bangalore-non-tech@yahoogroups.com

      See you all there!
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2002
        This item is causing considerable confusion:

        > Press : Press is welcome to attend. Please send mail to
        > pr@... to pre-register yourself and to
        > allow us to send you a press kit after the meet.

        This item was specifically meant for press people who wish to attend the
        meet and who wish to cover the BLUG's activities as we progress towards
        this event.

        Specifically, if you are a member of the press (newspaper, TV, media,
        whatever), pelase send a note to pr@... so that we can
        send you a press kit ASAP after the meet.

        In your note, please specify which publication you represent, and also
        whether you will be the press person covering the event, or (if not) who
        will be covering it.

        This address is *NOT* for registration for the meet on May 31st or the
        conference (which is at the end of the year). Please do not send mail to
        this account saying "please register me" *unless* you are a member of the
        press.

        There is no special requirement to attend the meet (other than an interest
        in Linux and of course the cover fee for the evening).

        Atul Chitnis | achitnis@...
        Bangalore, India | +91 (80) 344-0397