Are we focused !

  • Sreekanth Iyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
      Some time when i see the mails in the group, i feel we are opening lot
      of thread and nothing is getting closed. Does it make sense to use some
      other collabration tool ( like wiki ) to publish idea, discuss and
      finally close the discussion.

      Do u guys feel ??

      --
      keep mailing & keep smiling
      S R E E

      The guru is in you !
    • Devdas Bhagat
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
        On 19/07/05 19:08 +0530, Sreekanth Iyer wrote:

        > Some time when i see the mails in the group, i feel we are opening lot
        > of thread and nothing is getting closed. Does it make sense to use some
        > other collabration tool ( like wiki ) to publish idea, discuss and
        > finally close the discussion.

        IMHO, closure right now is not as important as getting feedback.
        Currently we have a single large thread open which deals with the talk
        structure and facilities needed by talks. We have closed a thread about
        the intended audience(s) for the event. The next thread would be on the
        talks themselves (call for speakers?), but that will happen once we
        decide on the general talk structure and focus.

        Devdas Bhagat
      • Das, Surjo [OS-IE]
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
          Hi Sreekanth,

          Not a good idea. We have already had this discussion about wiki.

          -Surjo.
        • Das, Surjo [OS-IE]
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005

            We also need to plan for calling out all the SIGs, and BoF sessions. We
            also need to plan ahead in case if any impromptu BoFs are planned on the
            spot during the event.

            -Surjo.