Re: [lb/2005] Re: The next 7 days...

    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 8, 2005
      Vinayak Hegde wrote:
      > Just pray that your boss is not on the mailing list :-)

      That's not a problem. There is a good chance that he will run into him
      at the event.

      And I am only semi-kidding.

      --
      Atul Chitnis
      http://atulchitnis.com (Professional)
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 15, 2005
        Shreyas Srinivasan wrote:

        >1) A hack fest:

        This is definitely a good idea. It encourages people to 'participate' in
        the events. I'll just add some garnish. How about a competitive event? I
        don't think anybody expects prizes... maybe a sponsor t-shirt would do.
        But it certainly encourages on-lookers to come up with new ideas, share
        their favorite editor/language tircks and generally makes the atmosphere
        much more interesting.

        Maybe we can encourage the SIGs to put up a banner like "Coding the
        SuperWidget in a day" and let the fun begin. Or a bug-fixing session
        with a list of the fixed bugs for the world to see. I guess you guys get
        my point. Something hands-on, so that the audience are
        immersed/involved. Just my 2 paise.

        Vamsee.

        --
        "History is more or less bunk" - Henry Ford