Re: [lb/2004] Credit Cards

    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 1, 2004
      An update on the credit card business for paying for your delegate reg
      online:

      So far, we have not taken a decision on this. The issue is not that we
      haven't had offers (we have) but a more legal one - accountability. As the
      "front-end" for such transactions, we become legally liable in case
      something goes wrong, and I have been advised that without insurance in
      place, that is a no-no. If the merchant account was in *our* name, it
      would have been one thing, but we can't afford that.

      We are still examining things, and should be able to get back on this
      within the next week or so.

      Linux Bangalore/2004
      December 1/2/3, Bangalore, India
      http://linux-bangalore.org/2004
    • Kenneth Gonsalves
      Message 42 of 42 , Nov 2, 2004
        On Wednesday 03 November 2004 08:26 am, you wrote:

        > what would happen if card info is *stolen* from the website? will LB
        > be responsible for it? what if someone says that there was a *fraud*
        > transaction on his credit card after he used it at LB?

        forgot to add that the credit card details are at no time disclosed to LB, so
        LB cannot be held liable - only the gateway can be

        kg