3453JNTU LUG welcomes you to the Meet

  • pavithran
    Jul 2, 2006
      Hi FOSS Lovers ...
      I am s.pavithran a student and a FOSS lover ...
      I came to foss.in and Linux bangalore. I am really inspired by the
      way a community meets ....so that enthusiasm paved the way to create
      a LUG for my university ... JNTU LUG ... It has matured in 3 months
      to a community of 85 members!!!
      So the same enthusiasm made me organise a meet at hyderabad... and so
      far the response was positive ...
      I thought that many of hyderabadi's who came to Foss.in will be
      willing to come to the meet ...
      ( Hey I would even love bangaloreans to come if they are willing to
      travel)
      More about JNTU .... Its like VTU ..
      Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) is a university
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University> located in Hyderabad, India
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyderabad%2C_India>. JNTU also has
      campuses in the districts of Kakinada
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakinada> and Anantapur
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anantapur>. Though the university
      focuses mainly on engineering, it offers programs at the
      undergraduate, masters and doctoral level in a wide variety of
      fields, including a business school that offers an MBA program.
      The university also includes the Institute for Post Graduate Studies
      and Research (IST), made up of ten "Schools of Excellence," each
      dedicated to a particular discipline of technical education. These
      schools offer programs leading to post graduate degrees. In addition,
      the emphasis is on research and development activities in
      collaboration with R&D organizations like TATA IBM.
      Keeping my fingers crossed!!!