3246Re: [foss.in] Re: FOSS.IN/2005 DVDs

  • Vasundhar
    Dec 22, 2005
      On 12/22/05, Atul Chitnis <listadmin@...> wrote:We have a
      few hundred FOSS.IN/2005 Delegate DVDs left, and were wondering
      what to do with them.

      Info about the DVD can be found here:

      http://foss.in/2005/dvd

      On 12/22/05, T R ARUNKUMAR <professor_arun@...> wrote:

      Hi All,
      > It will be great if you give DVDs to the students
      > aganist their I-card and letter from their HOD.
      > If you agree let me have the contact details

      Hi Arun,
      Letters, seals and signatures,

      foss wont happen that way,
      Interest, hack spoil the machine reload, re install install
      hang around the system and play with internals ... suits FOSS well.

      For me the workshops in schools [Atul Suggestion] makes more sense than any
      thing else.
      Because
      1. We will be attracting & creating enthusiasts.
      2. We will strengthen the community and developmental activities.

      People who attend the workshops will know Y2 foss & How2 foss

      We can probably convince the institutions and encourage use of foss in
      education
      might help praveen and Tejas for the visionary project.

      Best wishes ..

      --
      vasundhar 9880025682

      If Physics is my God, Linux is my Girlfriend.
      I go to the temple of biology to understand God with my girlfriend. ;) [Some
      call it Bioinformatics]