Re: [fortressthreemonkeyskulls] Showing our Colours

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2008
      I am all into presentation and marketing. I do think we need to talk a bunch and  have a plan to get a banner designed and made for the next meeting in Sept.  We should make this a focus at the BBQ this next Saturday.  I also think offering our services the current standing Baron at the next court would be very cool.  FYI, next court is next Feb 09.  I would say the positive is we will have time to get really organize and build our value to the Baron.  I love my friends in Freehold, but it will be time for Master Pat to know we have seen what they have done and we want to be part in taking Smoking Rocks to the next level.

      As far as fealty to the Baron, we have incorperated it into the Code of the Household.  When starting the Household we felt there has been too much division in Smoking Rocks in the last couple years and it was important for us to be clear we are here to build Smoking Rocks.  I'm afraid there would be people who would try to present us as another division in Smoking Rocks, presenting ourselves at the next court would make our position very clear. I copied and pasted the section I was refering to;

      A.     FTMS Oath of Fealty, The Captain pledges fealty to the Baron of Smoking Rocks.  The crew is only expected to pledge fealty to the Captain.  Since the crew may come from a different Barony and Kingdom, it is not expected the crew swear fealty to anyone but there own King and Baron.

      So, with all that said I like your ideas and hope we can talk about it more at the BBQ.  I do have one question, were is the rum?  :)

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2008
        NP,  I thought you had some good ideas.

        Philippe