FTMS Period Cooking

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10 9:00 AM
      FTMS Period Cooking

      Just a reminder, this is now one week away and we already have a good group coming,. We are very excited with the interest to date.

      WE are very pleased to announce we will be starting a monthly meeting for our period cooking folk. The format is simple; you can cook in advance or cook at the meeting. If you cook in advance please be ready to explain the cooking process. Please provide a recipe with your dish. We are looking for everyone involved to make one or more dishes in a selected category, appetizer, bread, entree and desert. Please let us know in advance so we can plan.

      If you are not a member and are interested we only require you sign up to our Yahoo Board and be active in the group. We are not looking to just have numbers. We do not allow, gossip, trash talking other groups or drama. The conversation should always be on topic based on the meeting or post. For more info you can contact myself at lordp218@..., Tricia at ladys218@... or reach to us at the FTMS Yahoo board or the Facebook group.

      FTMS Period Cooking
      March 17th, @ 3:00 PM
      1650 New State Hwy (RT 44)
      Raynham, MA 02767

      Please remember we will be meeting monthly and we proceed we will try to change the locations to help people in their travel. In the mean time send me an e-mail if you want me to invite you to our board. lordp218@...

      Philippe Provost
      Gisele Starkey Provost
    • ppackard0218
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2013

        FTMS Period Cooking Etc returns in 2014

        Hey guys, I have to tell you I was looking at new ideas for Thanksgiving last night and I stumbled onto very old Hebrew recipes. I understand simple things can excite me, but I was really into some of the thing’s I found. So with that said and less then two months till 2014 it is time to start planning and setting dates. For all that are involved and might be interested please pencil in the following info:

        Period Cooking – Family Event

        January 19th, Sunday 2014 @ 2:00 PM

        1650 New State Hwy

        Raynham, MA 02767

        508-441-7040

        Ppackard0218@...

        Ladys218@...

        The format, bring one or more category; appetizer, soup/stew, bread/roll, entrée, dessert and non alcoholic drink. We ask each person bring something and advise us in advance what you are making. That way we are not all eating rolls. Thank you.

        We will also be talking about progress in the sewing, arts, fencing and archery areas. We are always looking for new people who are interested in period correct activities in these areas.

        Philippe Provost

        Geisele Starkey Provost

      • ppackard0218
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2013

           Will be sending out a promotion with more detail in a week, week and half, but since I had two different people ask today, the period cooking is Jan 19th, Sunday afternoon. There is more info if you look at the event section of this App. Everyone is expected to contribute something, if you cook something it must be period correct, you will be asked to provide a quick back ground and at least give a verbal recipe. some have a hard copies and past out. We need to know a week in advance of the event what you are bringing so we can make sure we have everything covered. More info to come, it appears we are going to have a good showing and a few new folk which is exciting.

        • ppackard0218
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 8, 2014

            The period cooking is now less then two weeks away. Right now as it stands unless more people commit we will be canceling. Sorry folks I have Sunday afternoons off for the week and that is it. There is planning, cooking and cost involved and to give up my only time off for no one to show just is not going to work. After six meetings last year not a single “maybe showed” so it is either a yes or no that will determine the meeting. I will take a head count next Monday and let everyone know.  Philippe