FTMS household meetings

    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2011
      Hello household, for a period we will be having brief household meetings on Sundays while fencing and workshops are going on. If you are looking you will notice minor changes on the yahoo board and facebook group page moving forward. We continue to move more towards a historical re-enactment group. This in no way means we are breaking from the SCA or any other group, but the active members have talked and we want to focus more on being historically correct pirates. To set us apart from other not so accurate groups and re-enactment groups. We will be very actively recruiting for people who wish to seriously study pirates from the 1600s back. We are also working towards doing historical demos involving all aspects of life for pirates during this time line. We have already received an invite by the BSA to make a presentation of what we will be doing and the founder and leader of the Rhode Island Pirate Players (RIPP) has offered to help us any way he can. So as you can see we have a more focused direction and hope you will join us and get involved.

      Philippe Provost
      Master of the Fortress
      Lordp218@...

      Gisele Starkey
      Mistress of the Fortress
      Ladys218@...
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2011
        Tricia and I received an e-mail on this topic today and I know Tricia IM'ed the person directly, but I thought if there are questions then I need to be a bit more clear. As mentioned we are not telling people to break from any group including the SCA. But to our members who are merchants, please step back and see the big picture, We are not telling you to not sell your wares, but we are opening a new market for you. There is a huge demand for buttons and materials re-enactors refer to "kits". Some of the things you sell can and will be of interest to new people that will joining our group. For you that have known me when running SCA events I have always been a big supporter of good vendors. As we grow and develop that will not change and when I can I will keep you in the loop of events and openings for you to sell your products. Our decision to move towards more historial re-actments was something the small group of active members thought would be a good direction for the group.

        Remember we are fencing and meeting every Sunday for the most part and each member is welcome to come and be involved in the conversation. I hope this makes our mission clearer and that no one feels pushed out or not welcome.

        Philippe