KOC/FTMS Fencing, Sunday, April 10th

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2011
      We are on for this week, Sunday, April 10. Remember we will have the charcoal bbq/smoker up and running for those who wish to cook their lunches.

      1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
      3131 Acushnet Ave
      New Bedford, MA 02745
      Lordp218@...
      508-944-1915

      Sunday, April 17th - Bucker making (material suggestions on next week)
      Sunday, May 15th – RPG making (designs welcome)
      Sunday, June 12th – Fiber sword making (material list a week in advance)

      Also in the works, I am working with the owner of a glass blowing company. We are working out the details now, but there might be a couple classes depending on interest as she will only do groups of six. We are shooting for the month of July right now. We have some other things in the fire as we hope to have a different class each month.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2011
        The weather was great and we got a lot done. We are establishing warm up drills. We worked on single rapier and case for most of the time on the floor. It was a good work out and I think everyone had fun in the process.

        We started the afternoon mawing on food everyone brought and cooked on the BBQ. We ended the day with toasted marsh mellows. Food and fighting, life is good.

        Also Ryan and Tricia are now studying for the LHA marshal's test; I think they will do well.

        Next Sunday, April 17th in addition to practice we will be having a buckler workshop to you guess it make bucklers. I will send out a list of suggested by mid week and I am also looking for sites showing different ideas. So far I have had no luck.