KOC Fencing Practice 1/23/11

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2011
      Once again another good Sunday of fencing. But before the details a couple business items, First a HUGE thank you to Enzo and Poncho for taking time to Marshal and re-qual people who needed their SCA cards up dated. Congratz to Master Pat, Nest, Poncho and Philippe (that's me) for up dated the quals. Second and very, very important I understand from Master Pat the last couple weeks not all the fencers have been seeing him with their five dollars. Guys if we are to keep using the hall this is NOT optional!! Master Pat is shouldering the cost of the hall and I need all the fencers to see him every week. Moving forward I will be reminding you to see him before going on the floor.

      As far as today's fencing practice, we had eight people come down, one just for the SCA re-qual and seven fencers on the floor. We worked a little bear pit and then went to melee practices. We used quick rotating melee format for the last thirty minutes. Thank you for being there, Nest. Enzo, Poncho, Tracy Tricia, Gregor and Tammy. Personally it was great to train with some old friends.

      Very IMPORTANT note, due to Birka next weekend the hall will be closed and there will not be practice. Safe travels to those are going to Birka and we will see you on:

      Sunday, February 6th @ 1:30 – 4:00 PM
      31 Franklin St.
      Fall River, MA

      Closing note, I guess there have been some questions about what format we are fighting under. Speaking strictly for the fencing, based on the agreement I have with Master Pat (It's his Hall) we are officially neither SCA or LHA, we are household managed and using the LHA rules to train with. I hope this answers some of the questions.

      Thanks again and see you in two weeks
      Philippe
      FTMS/KOC