Clearing some questions about LHA membership and events

  • lordp218
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2010
      I have been in conversation for a few weeks via e-mail with the Executive Director and the Chairman of the LHA. They have been very supportive. Today both the Executive Director and I took some time to chat on the phone, again he is very supportive. This allowed him to be very clear on some questions and the LHA position on the importance of membership. I know many people claim to be LHA, but they are not and it has created some concern. The following is based on the conversation and the follow up e-mail I received this afternoon; you may play in the LHA and not be a member, but you will be required to sign waivers at all events and trainings. A LHA Marshal of any interest; Heavy, fencing, Archery etcÂ…. MUST, be a registered member of the LHA. Any person or persons claiming to be Marshals without being paying registered members are misleading you. If you are a paid member of the LHA and you attend an event or training and the person is not correctly registered as a Marshal your insurance coverage may become void. It is important to note the LHA wants it's Marshals to be taking a yearly test to not only show they know the rules, but they can use good judgment when it comes to safety.

      Finally based on the conversation and follow up e-mail the LHA takes a strong position on having LHA members running events as again to assure the insurance will not come into question. I realize this has not been how many have been taught and the LHA leadership is in the process of addressing those concerns. Moving forward we need to be responsible and give the LHA a good name. Just like other organizations there are rules and benefits to belonging and being involved.