A new direction

  • gisele
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2010
      Hey

      To all my household members We at the Fortress are trying a new way of doing things. Our household is going to be Primarily LHA(living history association) and we will also cater to SCA, Rennies and LARPERS. We welcome all who have something to contribute and want to put the time into making this household functional and fun again. To include Demos, Classes, and events maybe annual household members only kind of get together (bbq kind of thing) we will also be including a childrens group. To hopefully be started when know how many children and tweens we have.

      Why the LHA? Simply because we have found that event sites are more apt to allow you in if you have Liability insurance for your group. the SCA does not have insurance of any kind. For this to happen 50% of our household must be active paid members of the LHA as it stands the only members we know that are active are Phil and myself and the kids. If you are a member please let us know what branch you fall under. (I.e. the revolution, civil war, ww2) then we can also add you to Kingdom of the Coventry. (we will need to see your membership card)

      Also there is a lot of things our household can't do under the SCA banner right now like fencing and archery as we have no marshal and doesn't look like we will get one anytime soon however under the LHA banner we have fencing marshals and I am going to start finding out what I need to get an Archery marshal won't be hard to come by. I will be working on that right after I work on this I have some one in mind I just have to approach him.
      we can also opt to open our events to the public vs. making it a members only club.

      There is time to think about this as we aren't planning to get the Kingdom officially up and running before the first of the year. Until then we will be trying to get with you on an individual basis and see where you stand., if you are still interested in being a member, and if you have any ideas. We aren't asking you to give up the any group you belong to . by any means as we also enjoy Said events. We just thought our members might like the option of being insured when they play

      As a matter of fact we are talking about forming treaties with non LHA groups I know a lot of people in the household have stayed away for one reason or another we want to get together and do stuff and have fun doing it that is why we started this household.