LHA MEMBERSHIP

  • lordp218
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2010
      I have been in conversation with the Exec. Director of the LHAand he is going to send me a copy of all active members of the Knights of Santiago. They have a huge event in VT this coming weekend so his goal is to have it to me by the end (9/20) of next week. This will be good as I know many have forgotten to renew their memberships. The challenge to this is two fold, if you are not active you are not insured. On you membership card it will give you the date your membership expires, if you are current you will also note you are insured on the back of the card. The second challenge is if you are not active, per the rules you loose your marshal standing. I do not know if you renew if you regain you marshal. If Maser Pat reads this maybe he will share.

      But the bottomline is it would be good to build the numbers so we could have more demos and activities.

      Philippe
    • lordp218
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2010
        Hello Everyone,

        As you know based on some of Tricia's posts we are going to be making some changes. The household is going to change its structure some and we are going to be an LHA household. This does not mean we will not have anything to do with our friends in the SCA. In fact I would encourage everyone to invite your SCA, Ren and Larping friends to come get involved. What it does mean is our focus and how we do things will be more towards the LHA. There are some, Tricia and I being two of them that feel the LHA will give us a platform to build a group that encompasses things and structure other groups fall short. The main focus right now is developing a ranking by merit program that is consistent with all interests in medieval study and lifestyle. Translation to that purpose; Heavy, Fencing, Archery and A & S are all considered equals and the people within those interest advance based on service, not just skill.

        All Qualifying Marshals are required to take a test based on knowledge and frankly common sense. This is to make the events and training safe. Right now I will be working on required tests for fencing and Tricia is working on the test for Archery and Throwing weapons. Guys, there is a bunch to do and the LHA is more the willing to look at new ideas and ways to make things work for everyone. If you want something to be involved in and grow an area of interest this is the way to do it. BE INVOLVED in something you like to do!!!