The Status of Rapier in Bridge, Smoking Rocks and Dragon's Aerie

  • Timothy Sanders
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2010
      I went into our database today to figure out how many Rapier Fighters we could field at one time if everybody who is authorized showed up at one time. The answer:
      35 to 40!
      The +/- 5 is due to not being sure how many people have allowed their authorizations to expire. We've also lost a few to life in the past few years.

      I would really like to be able to field 50 fighters by Pennsic 40.

      So here's the deal... If you've allowed your Rapier authorizations to expire, or if you've dropped out and would like to come back, or if you've been thinking of playing with Rapier and didn't know where to start, contact one of these Marshals:
      In Bridge: Enzo Fishmonger enzofishmonger@... or Sheumais Stuart jessebentley05@...
      In Smoking Rocks: Pancho Sanchez riddler508@...
      In BBM: Tristan le Sauvage pyrat101@...

      We still have a regularly meeting practice at 66 Church St, Warren, RI. Monday 7PM LHA style, Thursday 7PM SCA style. If you need a ride to practice you can contact the Marshal in your area and they will attempt to assist you.
      yis,
      Tristan le Sauvage

    • Phil Packard
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2010
        We (Tricia & I)wont be going to pennsic as we cant afford it and my card is four years old so I would think I have expired in the SCA.  I however am a member in good standing the LHA which allows me to maintain my Fencing Marshal position in the LHA, if you are not a active paying member of the LHA you lost your marshal standing at renewal this last June..  I do not think you have to be a member of the SCA to maintain you marshal standing, but I will leave that to the SCA experts.
        We are actively looking for an indoor site to start fencing again in the New Bedford area. There are those of us that cannot afford the gas to RI.  We will try to avoid the nights scheduled for RI training.

        Also Tristan or Enzo, Tricia still has not received her card, it's been over a year and she filled out another form at Brikia this year.

        Philippe

        In Bridge: Enzo Fishmonger enzofishmonger@ yahoo.com or Sheumais Stuart jessebentley05@ yahoo.com
        In Smoking Rocks: Pancho Sanchez riddler508@yahoo. com
        In BBM: Tristan le Sauvage pyrat101@yahoo. com