Fabric Lecture - Newport, RI

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2009
      I saw this on the Bridge board and thought someone might be interested;

      Thursday November 5, 2009
      Textile Historian Rabbit Goody to Speak

      In conjunction with "Homespun to High Fashion," the nationally recognized textile historian Rabbit Goody will speak in the historic Colony House on Washington Square. Rabbit Goody is the owner, director, and designer for Thistle Hill Weavers, a custom mill that has been producing historically accurate reproduction fabrics, trim, and carpet for 20 years. Her reproduction fabrics appear in many movies including Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Master and Commander, Amistad, The Titanic, Cinderella Man, and the Polar Express, among many others.

      The lecture costs $5 per person and $1 for NHS members

      More info: www.newporthistoric al.org