Protective Wear in the SCA & LHA

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15 6:23 AM
      Someone asked me some questions about the differences in LHA & SCA
      fencing rules at GNE. The general answer is LHA is slightly
      stricker. The purpose for the rules is for ALL fighters to be
      safe. If you choose to not follow the rules or do not wear the
      proper gear you are not only putting yourself at risk, you are
      putting others at risk and creating an enviroment to ruin the
      experince for all.

      I know it is the Position of the Leadership of Smoking Rocks that we
      all follow these rules. Since SR is a SCA region I am going to give
      the link for the new SCA Fencing Rules;

      http://rapier.eastkingdom.org/DocumentCache/EK_Rapier_Rules_2008_FINA
      L.pdf

      If you wish to look at the LHA rules simply go to the site. They do
      required a little more in regards to the protective gear.

      If you have questions please feel free to contact me at
      itsthegotee@.... Also Master Pat is the Earl Marshal of the
      Eastern Kingdom. He is my boss and very involved with the LHA so he
      can answer any questions too, maybe better then I.

      Respectfully Submitted,