FTMS Birthday / Clan Wars 9/20/09

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2009
      Guys,

      Talking to the different LHA fencing groups now involved, FTMS, Fishmongers, The Sith, and The Freehold. We are throwing around different ideas. There has been interest in more then one work shop. Lord Tristan sent me a leather project link <………..>. I thought it looked good. It looks like a lot of work and all materials need to provided by those that wish to make this leather helmet. Also there was conversation about a making fencing parrying items like bucklers and canes.

      So this is what we have, it is not written in stone, but a start.

      10:00 AM Troll opens, we need as a household to talk about gold key again and setting up more of a welcome center. Think we need to figure out how to make it less bulky to manage. The charge will take into consideration the rent and day board. Materials for workshops need to be supplied. That is my thoughts any way, if you think otherwise feel free to give your thoughts.

      10:30 PM Captain's Meeting, this will be were the Leaders of FTMS, Fishmongers, The Sith, The Freehold and Marshals meet and review the day, the grounds and the rules. This will be mainly a Fencing event, however there is on going conversation about the use of RBGs, which is also a consideration for another workshop. We need to find a source for the rubber band, surgical hose.

      11:00 AM – 1:00 PM Workshops, Leather Helmet, Fencing Bucklers, RBGs are all being considered. This would be the time to make suggestions or talk about the pro's and con's on the suggested.

      11:30 AM – 1:00 PM Day Board, we will need to think about what we want to do this to help figure cost.

      1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Clan Wars, we will talk about time needed for Fencing singles and melees. There has been no real conversation to go beyond fencing.

      Ok, here is the more serious part of the event if there is enough support. There has been some interest in having a Dance or Ball if you will. If the general feeling is it's our Birthday, let's see if we can make it happen then I will do everything to make that happen. The first thought I have is this is going to be a Sunday event in an effort to not conflict with other events and a couple of the guys work in their family businesses. Being Sunday I do not think we could run the dance past 9:00 PM because of work and school on Monday. So I'm thinking the Actual dance would start like 6:00 PM and then run to 8:30 PM to 9:00 PM. If we get the hall at Norse we could allow those that wish to attend practice in advance. The other thought is on dinner; do we do another day board or just tell people from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM they can run to get something down the street? If we do a second day board do we charge a fee for the day and then a fee for the dance? This is were I really need everyone to put in their thoughts. This is the stage were we can throw ideas around and make changes. Once we have the location locked in and the schedule we will market the event to assure a good turn out.

      Please read this over, since this event marks our anniversary our household needs to the ones to decide on what the schedule is. We had ten people at the Barony Birthday; six of them were involved in the actual event in various ways. You should be proud that people are starting to take notice of a new household that exists by more then name. This event is another step towards build both the SCA, LHA and creating more options for people to be involved. If you feel you would like to have an active part in this event please let me know.

    • shywolf128
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2009
        Reguarding the second dayboard and ball. I would make the ball a seperate payment like we would for a a feast and just include the second dayboard as part of the that fee. the only other option I see is make the first day board go with the clan war and then b.y.o.d. (bring your own dinner) for the ball. I am partial to the second day board as people (dancer,fighters,and other participants) can graze all day on light foods before they fight or attend dance practice and the second one a little heavier to give those who did work hard a little substance to keep them going while they dance the night away with their partner or just sit and enjoy the music.

        making the ball and second dayboard a seperate payment also gives people the option of just comming to the fight and classes and staying for the ball, or comming for the dance practice and staying for the ball either way it is a win, win situation all get to have doing what they enjoy.

        Gisele