Question on handicapp Fencing

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2009
      There was a question about fencing, but the fencer can only stand for a limited time. I can say I was at the King's and Queens two years ago and there was a Lady that could not stand for any period of time. The Marshal only allowed the use of a chair if the apposing fighters agreed to the chair. I personally do not see an issue. I have looked and this is what is said in the SCA rule book;

      4. A person who has a medical condition that may affect or be affected by rapier combat must provide written permission from his or her physician before being allowed to participate. Such documentation shall be maintained by the fencer, produced to the Marshal-in-Charge upon request, and on file with that fencer's Regional Marshal. Compliance with this requirement is the responsibility of fencer.

      Perhaps we can get the Earl Marshal to comment. :)

      Respectfully.