LHA Fencing in Plymouth/Kingston going solid after two weeks

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2009
      We had another solid week of fencing up here in Kingston for Tuesday night. We had a lot of training for the newer Fencers and then we had a double kill bear pit with all forms allowed. We had single rapier, case (two rapiers), rapier & dagger, rapier & buckler, rapier & a roll of toilet paper, rapier & cape and I think I saw rapier and a cane.

      We had a visitor new to not only fencing, but the SCA and LHA. He tells me he had an awesome time and will be back. We are promoting to the public in the Kingston, Plymouth, Carver markets and we are focusing in training and encouraging our fighters to fight at SCA and LHA events.

      Just a point of interest, if you have never trained, have not in a while you have a couple options in the area. Join the local Fencing Club for a forty dollars and four dollars an hour, not sure about lessons. And you can fence with a foil. Or you can come give us a try, for five dollars a night you get three hours of training and combat and as much instruction as you feel you need in using Epee and Rapier swords.

      Thank you to those that have come out and supported us in Kingston. Thank you to the experienced fighters that are so willing to teach.

    • shywolf128
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2009
        Sorry had a huge thing I wanted to say but am haveing trouble getting words to page from brain. I want to say a big thank you to all who came and shared with us to include Bryan who in his own way brought some thing new to the floor which was totally his own. The bear pit fight was cool it allowed a break from the norm and allowed to practice what was taught in lesson as well as the oppertunity try new stuff that we might not have other wise tried.

        Kudos to again to the captain for keeping it real and fun.

        gisele